Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi.
So iam new to this forum .and to keep this short n simple.
I would like to know if any one of you guys had this issue with your rides .can ang one explain this weird noise.its sounds like its coming from front wheels.the truck is a 4x4 .could it be cv axle?.its so annoying .thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey, I have a 2011 Frontier V6 CC , 2WD, with the same problem, so I don't know that your 4WD is the only culprit here. 74,000 miles. I just had the transmission fluid, rear differential, and brake fluid flushed/drained/refilled, etc. Everything is good.

I suspect the culprit are U Joints/ Driveline related. I hear nothing at any speed, basically I only encounter this issue pulling away from a stop sign , braking to a stop at low speeds, or sometimes I hear the "click" at low speeds in general , as in a covered parking garage. Nothing loud, just annoying and I get that it's not going to go away without some intervention on my part.

We will wait for others to chime in, but I have a hunch my theory is sound. You did not mention the mileage on your truck , by the way, I think this issue is mileage related !

Good luck, I have had no other issues, this is the first one in 6 years of driving the Frontier.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is it a "click"or a "clunk"? Have you had any work done on the brakes? Have you had, or done yourself, the brakes checked? It's possible that one or both calipers are hanging up. The slide pins could be bent or corroded and not letting the calipers move smoothly. When you push the peddle the caliper is stuck then kinda "pops" loose. Have had that problem after purchasing a used vehicle. If it is a repetitive noise in time with the wheel rotation sometimes it is something very simple. I have had a ring of rust develop around the edge of the rotor that just makes contact with the caliper or shim and will make a clicking sound most noticeable at low speed. Clean it off and your good to go. Noise from a bad u-joint, in my experience, will be a 3ish to 1 ratio with the wheel speed. 3ish clicks, squeaks, chirps, to 1 wheel rotation and more often after the vehicle had been drive for a little bit. (The parts warm up.) If you can get someone to listen from outside the truck while you drive past and apply the brakes that might help to locate the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for ur inputs.
So the cultprit was that 4 bolts behind the hubs in the front.was loose.problem fixed.you might want to check that .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts