Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my engine and engine bay need cleaning. Has anyone done this with engine cleaner and then spraying off with a hose?

I don't want to cause any problems with water geting in the sensers.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have done it recently on my tacoma just before i sold it. I used engine brite and it worked pretty well. Make sure the truck is off then I let it drip dry. Then turn it on. It squeaked a bit but it was fine. drove the truck for 2 weeks after this and no problems. Go for it man.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
i worked at a detail shop and we sprayed every cars engine bay down with simple green let it sit for a min and went at it with a power washer, never once had a problem, just use common sense with it

·
Registered
142 Posts
Go easy with the water pressure, you can force water into plug boots and other places that can cause the truck to run poorly until you figure out where the water went. Other than that, go for it. Your engine will look way better. I use diluted degreaser, let it sit for a minute, scrub the really bad stuff, and rinse. Just rinse the degreaser before it dries. After everything dries, you can spray a little armor all or something like that on the plastic and rubber parts.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Wet the engine bay, spray it down with simple green, use a pressure washer or hose to rinse it off, then spray the engine bay down with Armor All Foaming Tire Wet.

·
Registered
675 Posts
then spray the engine bay down with Armor All Foaming Tire Wet.
And then have all the dust and crap stick to everything, uh, no. Armour-All is the Devil! :lol:

I usually take some full strength Super Clean and spray the engine down. Take a damp rag and wipe off the hard spots and then hose it off. Never had a problem and it always comes out clean.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i have yet to clean my engine bay, but i have always read to pressure wash it with the engine running. just putting that out there.

·
Registered
939 Posts
when i change my oil, i typically wipe down parts under the hood & even the underside of the hood itself while i let the oil drain, but i have never used an engine bay cleaner on any vehicle i have ever owned

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
little bit of simple green and light water is what I used on the frontier and now on the ram and XJs

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
I wash my engine everytime I wash the truck.
spray it down with engine/tire cleaner stuff then wash the rest of the truck. when Im rinsing, I will rinse the engine, but keep the wand a couple feet back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts