Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '04 Frontier and was wondering if I could take a wand at the car wash and wand off the engine compartment? If I kept it at a distance, say 3 feet, would that be acceptible? Is there anything like the distributor that I could damage? A friend told me to just do it, that car lots do it to clean them up to sell all the time.

What do you think?

Thanks.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
simple green spray let it sit and soak then a light water spray and you should be fine

·
Registered
422 Posts
i just do a simple spray down with water and put a towel over my fuse box

·
Registered
38 Posts
Your engine bay gets wet when you drive, so it's supposed to get wet (that's how it gets dirty in the first place, right?) If you're worried you can cover fuse boxes etc., but I second the Simple Green idea described above.

Side note: I know some spray wash places have an "engine bay" option on the panel, which is low pressure and made to soak for a while.

-Al

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
worked at a detail shop, we used simple green and our powerwasher on every engine bay of every car that came in and i've done it on every vehicle i've owned when washing. GM LS motors are really sensitive to water around the MAF sensor other than that power wash away just use some common sense and there is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
I soak my engine down with the degreaser at the car-wash, wash the rest of the truck, then rinse it under low pressure.

·
Super Moderator
11,254 Posts
As long as you're not forcing water into anything you will be fine.

Clint

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for the suggestions. I actually have some Simple Green for my airplane so I'll use it and just wash it off with a low flow.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I've read Wesleys White Wall cleaner works well too. I'm up for an engine clean myself this Spring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts