Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got bacvk this afternoon from picking my leather colors and design for my leather package. I added the NISMO logo to the back of the front seats as well. They can do that now (its a copyright issue so they have to have a license from the manufacturer).

Of course I will post pics when it gets installed.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
So when the dealer says "we can add leather no problem" this is how they do it...

I didn't see any prices on their site, how expensive is it?

Wonder if they can do a sunroof on a KC?

I bet it's going to look nice with the NISMO logo. Pls do post pics.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was 939 and change with tax. That's installed price. That's for the two tone. I did a dark grey that matches the dark grey dash of my truck and the inserts are in a light greay like the headliner and top roof parts of my truck. You can do a one tone leather for roughly $100 cheaper. Adding the logo's was $9 for each seat, but he gave them to me for free. (YAY saved $18 LOL)

I will definitely post pics when it gets done, probably a week or two. They don't manufacturer it till you order and put half down. They have a PDF they print out that shows our trucks exactly and what leather pieces will go where and you fill in the leather color # with the guy there. They have a HUGE set of samples you can take outside to your vehicle to get the exact colors you want. They even have some more upscale stuff such as a carbon fiber weave thats attached to leather that looked really good too. Check out the pics of some cars they did for the CEMA show and you get the idea.

Apparently, they're the largest after market sunroof installers in the nation as well. Didn't look too much into that at their shop as I already have the factory sunroof.

And yep, this is the #1 place for after market leather packages. They stay VERY busy doing it for dealers... But dealers tend to charge like $1200 for it or so, and pocket the profit (Don't blame them, but glad I did it this way).

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
That's not bad at all. When I was looking at a Chevy truck, the dealer quoted me 2000 for their add-on leather package. I was thinking they probably ordered the seats and whatever else from the factory, now I know!

I'll have to check into the sunroof. There is a shop in town but not sure if I would want them to be cutting into my roof. Not sure why Nissan doesn't offered it on the KC?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK it's done! Picked it up this afternoon! I ordered this on 3/13, and got it installed today, that's a fast turnaround!

NISMO logo looks great in there... I am very pleased with the overall quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They can match it I am sure... I too am really amazed how well the leather colors match the two interior colors.... Had really been somewhat stressed that this wasn't gonna look any better than some seatcovers, but it totally does.

Now if my darn rims would just get here from California, I'd almost be done! :D

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I am not a fan of leather seats , but your seats rock. I really do like the two tone effect
and the Nismo logo really sets it off.

Congratulations on a very sharp modification.

OkieScot

·
Registered
460 Posts
Looks good Binford. Now if there only was a place here in Alberta that did that. For that price too.

·
Registered
538 Posts
That is one of the best aftermarket leather jobs I have seen,

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
That really looks shape! I like the colors you picked and of course the nismo logo.

Pls let us know what the process of getting it done was? Did they cover your seats or are those new ones? Did you get leather on anything else or just the seats? And how long did they need your truck?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
05FRONTY said:
Looks good Binford. Now if there only was a place here in Alberta that did that. For that price too.
I am sure theres an auto upholstery shop in a town as big as Alberta... I'd put money they can order from Classic and Install for you... might cost a bit more though... I had checked with some other auto upholstery shops, and then figured out they were gonna just order the CST ones.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nismo54 said:
Pls let us know what the process of getting it done was? Did they cover your seats or are those new ones? Did you get leather on anything else or just the seats? And how long did they need your truck?
I just did the basic seat package now... They can do a new headliner, door inserts, etc. but as I was already stressing over spending almost $1G for what I wasn't sure were nothing but glorified seat covers I didn't opt for that... Kinda wish I had now...

Anyway, I went in one day... we took all the samples outside, and found the exact matches for my interior colors... thery print out a sheet that shows your veheicles layout exactly. you choose a primary color and an inset color, and then they have an optional list of logo's for which they have copyright licenses to embrioder. We then picked the thread colors for the logo itself. Then you put half down and they send it to their manufacturing plant in California to be made. it comes back very quickly and takes one day to install it. I dropped it off at 7:30 Friday morning and it was ready about 3:00pm.

They completely remove the seats from the vehicles, and then remove the old cloth seats and then completely re-upholster it. It feels like some padding was added in places though I am not sure, it could be the way it's made.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Thanks for the info, Binford. Now if I could just convince my wife thats something I really need!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts