Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read the cx609 review and install and I got to tell ya that sounds like the one for me. great price and bluetooth and sat radio is exactly whay I want. but when i go to crutchfield it says it wont fit????? I looked at the specs in clarions website between the cx609 and the others crutchfield says will fit and they are almost identical. (like 1/16 off on hight is all) hell anything will bend 1/16 lol. I can find no reason why it would not work but just to be safe has anyone put this one in on 2009. My Equator is the same as the pro-4x same dash and all...........thanks :comphead:

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
sounds wierd, but for my '07, crutchfield sent an install kit/bracket with my clarion cx6009 and the only thing i used from the kit was a trim plate. the factory brackets were reused so maybe the '09 is different, idk. if someone can confirm the brackets are the same, then i dont see why it wouldnt work.

maybe give crutchfield a call and speak to an advisor. their customer service is excellent. with their 30 day guarantee, it may be worth it to order it and if it doesnt fit, send it back. i'm returning my jvc kda805 and I said the bluetooth was working off and on so crutchfield is even paying for the return shipping via ups.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds wierd, but for my '07, crutchfield sent an install kit/bracket with my clarion cx6009 and the only thing i used from the kit was a trim plate. the factory brackets were reused so maybe the '09 is different, idk. if someone can confirm the brackets are the same, then i dont see why it wouldnt work.

maybe give crutchfield a call and speak to an advisor. their customer service is excellent. with their 30 day guarantee, it may be worth it to order it and if it doesnt fit, send it back. i'm returning my jvc kda805 and I said the bluetooth was working off and on so crutchfield is even paying for the return shipping via ups.
Hello all just wanted to give you a quick update. I just got the clarion cx609 and installed it tonight. It dose fit the 09 cc and works great sounds great. the only question I have for all the cx609 owners out there is how is your radio recption (cant spell :laugh:) I turned to the rock station and it was kinda fuzzy with static. so I scaned through the rest of the stations and some are good some are bad sounds to me like the new radio is just picking up the statc that was there and showing its true colors??? I think if it was a bad recption all the way around it would do it on all stations right?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
my fm reception is clear. not sure, but maybe your antenna plug is not in all the way or the unit is not grounded properly (vehicle harness ground wire grounded to unit and unit ground wire grounded to the vehicle).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another update for ya I took it all apart agen and double checked it all there is a ground on the factory harness that dose not match the radio harness papers say to ground the radio to the truck (I did that) but just to be sure I scratched up where the wire was grounded and reinstalled. It seemed to be a bit better but not alot then I started to really play with the eq settings and wow things changed. so i guess the stock speakers are whats sounding like crap the more I play with it the better it sounds lol and I thought it was a ant issue......... love the radio and the bt works great cant wait to replace the speakers and add a sub to it

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
the only inconvenience i've had with the cx609 is that it only has 4 channel outputs. wasnt a problem until i decided to get the alpine pdx5 that has 6 channel inputs. i'm using a monster y-splitter for channel 1/2 from the head unit and running channel 3/4 from the head unit to the subwoofer inputs on the amp. this is because the head unit has subwoofer control (which if they did that, why only 4 channel outputs). there is no loss of sound quality from the door speakers, actually sounds better for some funny reason. i'm going to build my sub enclosure sometime this week with polk mm1040.

now that i know better, next time i'm getting a head unit with 6 channel outputs, but the cx609 sounds great even with the split channels. the alpine pdx5 is an amazing amp.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey bigriver where did you put your ground wire for your radio? I am still havin sone issues and was reading some stuff and I found on the nav unit install sheet. it says to put that ground wire on the upper left radio mount at the 3o clock possision not the right. I dont know why but Ill try anything I guess......

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
there is a metal bracket (on the vehicle) on the right side just below where you mount the head unit. there is a hole in the metal bracket that i used to ground the head unit ground wire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts