Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never been through a situation like this, where someone crashed into me and I make a claim through their insurance. They have Allstate and so far I'm not impressed. Repair estimate is a total low-ball using crashed junk yard parts and so far they've ignored me about rental car coverage and my time lost from work dealing with this repair. Any pointers?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Stick to your guns. Ask your insurance company for help. Depending on where you live, you can take it to a body shop of your choice. They are trying to steam roll you, it works often enough for them to try this tactic.

·
Premium Member
11,748 Posts
i would for sure file through your ins.

thats what you pay your INS for. they will do all the leg work for you and make sure you are getting back whats lost.

i got my car backed into a few years ago and i started my own claim and gave my INS all the info i had about the driver and their INS.

two weeks later i had a fat check in my hands that i pocketed and sold the car lololololololooloololololol

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
If
i would for sure file through your ins.

thats what you pay your INS for. they will do all the leg work for you and make sure you are getting back whats lost.

i got my car backed into a few years ago and i started my own claim and gave my INS all the info i had about the driver and their INS.

two weeks later i had a fat check in my hands that i pocketed and sold the car lololololololooloololololol
if you file a claim through your insurance you will have to pay your deductible up front then get it back later. I recently dealt with another insurance company and it went smooth. The insurance appraiser was awesome and took care of everything. word of advice be nice, yelling will get you know where.

·
Premium Member
11,748 Posts
If

if you file a claim through your insurance you will have to pay your deductible up front then get it back later. I recently dealt with another insurance company and it went smooth. The insurance appraiser was awesome and took care of everything. word of advice be nice, yelling will get you know where.

you normally do.
in my case, i explained my INS what happened and they had the offenders INS on the phone same day and i had 0 out of pocket expenses.
each case is different for sure, but for sure going the route i did you are likely to pay your deductible.

shower them bitches in sugar.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Grrrrr... don't get me started... Yes. Stick to your guns and refuse to accept anything less than what you want.
... shower them bitches in sugar.
While you try not to choke on it. I agree, though, you can attract more sh!t eatin' flies with the honey...

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I've never been through a situation like this, where someone crashed into me and I make a claim through their insurance. They have Allstate and so far I'm not impressed. Repair estimate is a total low-ball using crashed junk yard parts and so far they've ignored me about rental car coverage and my time lost from work dealing with this repair. Any pointers?
What repairs need to be made? Any updates?

·
Registered
119 Posts
This same thing happened to me last week. Hit by a girl with the cheapest Progressive policy you can buy, but at least she declared herself at fault from the get go. I called my AAA rep, and they worked it out so Progressive footed the bill but it went through AAA's network, which means I have a great shop putting in OEM parts. Not a dime out of pocket/no deductible, and a pretty sweet free rental car, loaded V6 Impala.

Oh, and I got it in writing that there will be NO "hit" to my policy/rates come renewal time. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,950 Posts
You shouldn't have to contact their insurance at all if you have good insurance covering yourself. Everything should be between you and your insurance, and they should be the only ones who contact and deal with the other party's insurance.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Use your Insurance bottom line when you get hit by someone else their Insurance will try any and everything to low ball you
I had a co worker get done like this till her husband stepped in and threaten to sue you know Geico is full of shyt they tried to put salvage parts on a 2018 Volvo
Anyway use your Insurance they will make sure you get the max

When you use the person who hits you insurance they don't want to pay out for their client because they want the client more responsible than them pretty much

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've done this about 10 years ago. Lady backed into my rear right door. She had Liberty Mutual. They had me bring it to a drive-in assessment facility where an adjuster looked it over. A few days later I got a check for $500. I called Liberty and said there is a lot more than $500 damage. They said keep the check and have the body shop call us for any extras. In the end they fixed the door and had to repaint the whole side of the car to match 10-yr old black paint. Liberty paid the body shop directly for the balance of the cost, plus covered the rental.

If I didn't do the repair, they would have tried to screw me. Just be sure not to cash the check if you're unsatisfied with the amount.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I was just in an accident less than a month ago. The adjuster wrote me a check. I took it to the place of my choice. any extra stuff that was found the adjuster wrote another check to cover the difference. it was a very smooth transaction. This was also the first time dealing with an insurance company other than mine. even had a rental 2019 Frontier with 1400 miles on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My experience has been that a good body shop that advocates for you deals with insurance companies all the time and know the dance. I would stay away from any shop the insurance company sends you to as they are not your advocate. In the last minor damage, the body shop had my insurance company pay for things they did not have in their estimate. Any negotiations prior to getting it in the body shop are a waste of time.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Could insurance agent Walter Neff help???

Later on, posing as nice guy Steve Douglas, he kidnapped neighbor kid Ernie to pass off as his own.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Do everything yourself, if you can afford it. Send Allstate the bill. Remember, they owe for your time, as well. Start an Excel sheet with your time, mileage, depreciation and other expenses; entries must be at the time of occurrence. DO NOT get your insurance involved, unless there is no other choice. Your payment may not go up this time, but it will eventually count against you. Allstate will crap, if they see that you know what you are doing. Yes, I have done this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts