Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaning towards this for the pro 4x I'll end up getting.

Does anyone have experience with it, maybe am estimate on cost of install/fab?

I'm also trying to determine which bypass shocks (or coilovers?) would work best.

Buy once cry once, as they say.

Truck will be 4x4 "prerunner". Already ordered the long travel kit with shock hoops and 2.5 radflos for the front.

Thanks for any help

64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. Anyone?

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
I think you are the pioneer on this one. First time I have ever seem that. Cool looking set up though.
The picture looks like a mock up. Assume there are more that 2 leaves in that pack. Like the one laying on the ground.
Those are some monster shackels.

64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you are the pioneer on this one. First time I have ever seem that. Cool looking set up though.
The picture looks like a mock up. Assume there are more that 2 leaves in that pack. Like the one laying on the ground.
Those are some monster shackels.
Huh, guess I might be the guinea pig...which makes me hesitant since, especially due to the cost. Maybe I'll see if he has any links/references for people running that set up.

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Huh, guess I might be the guinea pig...which makes me hesitant since, especially due to the cost. Maybe I'll see if he has any links/references for people running that set up.
19" of travel for $1650. Seems like a lot of $, and why the spring under conversion. Assume it is because the resulting arc has the truck sitting too high in the back. Is a spring under more robust? Less axle wrap? If you are building a race truck I am sure welding new perches is not an issue.

Also 19" seems like a bit over kill. how much front suspension travel will you have. Don't need to have that much more travel in the rear. You need to have bed mounted shocks to utilize that amount of travel (I am sure you know).

For the money i would think the 16" travel PRG/Deaver race pack for $749 would be a better deal and adequate for our trucks..

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
No matter what, you will have to to run bed mounted shocks.
BD1501EA-4C2B-44BC-8AA7-34DB817A7E62.jpeg

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
What does the long travel front end kit consists of?
Is this a daily driver? Do you know how noisy by pass shocks are?
You will also need hydraulic bumps stops..

64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Titan swap long travel kit; 14" travel

Boxed uppers and lowers, outer heims, extended brake lines, and limit straps. After talking with Michael, I'll add the shock hoops once they're in stock.

Coilovers are Radflo 2.5s, 10", external reservoirs with compression adjusters, and eibach springs (650).

Goal is to make a Pro 4x as "prerunnerish" as I can. Truck will be used for desert stuff primarily (Sacramento, but I go into Reno/Nevada, and have socal trip plans), but will hit up state parks, Alaska, etc.

Going to get the m205 front diff...after I buy the truck. Picked up the front mods during the black Friday sale.

I'm new and ignorant (but learning). Buy once, cry once..but my tears will be over time since I don't have a cash mountain to buy all at once.

64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
19" of travel for $1650. Seems like a lot of $, and why the spring under conversion. Assume it is because the resulting arc has the truck sitting too high in the back. Is a spring under more robust? Less axle wrap? If you are building a race truck I am sure welding new perches is not an issue.

Also 19" seems like a bit over kill. how much front suspension travel will you have. Don't need to have that much more travel in the rear. You need to have bed mounted shocks to utilize that amount of travel (I am sure you know).

For the money i would think the 16" travel PRG/Deaver race pack for $749 would be a better deal and adequate for our trucks..
Per Michael/CJD

"Basically an underleaf kit is a race style rear end. U gain equal travel up and down where the over axle leaf springs will get roughly 5" up travel and the rest down. A correct setup is equal. Plus these springs are more responsive and gain more articulation over the over leaf setup. If give a much better/smoother ride with the underleaf setup"

IMG_20191205_135836_398.jpg IMG_20191205_140514_428.jpg

64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is this a daily driver? Do you know how noisy by pass shocks are?
You will also need hydraulic bumps stops..
It's not a daily driver. It will be an adventure truck (wrote long plans in prior post in this thread).

I've only heard the noise from YouTube videos.

I have a reliable/boring sedan that is a daily driver. The truck is a long term investment for fun and adventures.

Wife and I enjoy drives and the desert. I don't have an interest in crawling, and won't be in an area with harsh winters.

·
Registered
5,874 Posts

Goal is to make a Pro 4x as "prerunnerish" as I can. Truck will be used for desert stuff primarily (Sacramento, but I go into Reno/Nevada, and have socal trip plans), but will hit up state parks, Alaska, etc.
". 4wd comes with a pair of 300M axles to complete the kit. (Axles only work with OEM cv's) " From the CJD site

Does this axle work with the M205?

Sac to reno, you'll have to stop by my place in Truckee to show me the truck.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
That is Titan swap measurement.
I run 5”over stock arms and at just under 14” of travel.
C58AA9BC-B042-4B1B-87FD-17EF74BA6B60.jpeg

Reactions: AndysLog
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
". 4wd comes with a pair of 300M axles to complete the kit. (Axles only work with OEM cv's) " From the CJD site

Does this axle work with the M205?

Sac to reno, you'll have to stop by my place in Truckee to show me the truck.
Didn't order the axles since it's for stock Frontier.

Working on getting the more costly parts first.

64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
The arns are the 3” longer than stock, how are stock axles going to work? You need longer axles. You can buy axles from Rugged Rocks.
Splines are different on the 205 .

64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The arns are the 3” longer than stock, how are stock axles going to work? You need longer axles. You can buy axles from Rugged Rocks.
Splines are different on the 205 .
And that's an example of my ignorance! I don't know how I overlooked that. Thanks for the help.

64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This kit is 3" wider on a Titan, 6" wider on a Frontier. Therefore the RR axles will not work. This kit will only work with the M205 diff
Guess I should have added those axles! I mistakenly thought the standard titan axles would fit.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Well hell. I look forward to seeing this build develop!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts