Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last night some dumb F*** decided he couldn't get out of his parking spot too good, and bashed my bumper in to the point it took the paint right off..... sigh..... well no I guess its time to get the shrockworks rear bumper..... I thought I could go one full year without someone doing damage to the front or back of the truck..... almost one year ...... end rant :serious:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Sucks man, I've only parked my Frontier on my road a half dozen times, it's been hit twice.

First time was after 3 months of ownership, someone pulled into my driveway and backed into my truck on the street. Destroyed the front drivers fender ($1600 insurance claim). They we're apologetic and honest.

2 weeks ago I parked on the road overnight and came out to my rear bumper pushed in slightly on the drivers side, a bunch of small dents and paint missing. No note, nothing. Annoying but I want a Calmini tube bumper anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
wow, sorry to hear that

I would probably do the same if given the choice

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well last night some dumb F*** decided he couldn't get out of his parking spot too good, and bashed my bumper in to the point it took the paint right off..... sigh..... well no I guess its time to get the shrockworks rear bumper..... I thought I could go one full year without someone doing damage to the front or back of the truck..... almost one year ...... end rant :serious:
A lifted Toyota prado parked next to me at the movies. When i came back. Scratched up my driver side door with his. Need yo paint the whole door. It was that deep.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blows my mind! Like there is no way you DIDN'T feel that.... ugh.... at least once I get that bumper on there if you hit me... the damage is on you!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Blows my mind! Like there is no way you DIDN'T feel that.... ugh.... at least once I get that bumper on there if you hit me... the damage is on you!
My thought exactly, a Shrockworks is my preference but it will cost me an arm and a dick with freight and currency exchange.

·
Super Moderator
11,274 Posts
Not exactly, you get bumped solidly enough that bumper will be marred and a chance your frame rails get tweaked, the energy has to be absorbed somewhere.
There is a reason vehicles fold, they are crumple zones so YOU don’t take a shot. Get in the same crash with the stock versus that aftermarket bumpers and the occupants physically may be worse off for it.

Clint

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
My truck got hit by a taxi when parked a couple years ago, he clipped the corner of my Calmini rear bumper and left a chunk of his bumper behind. No damage to my truck. That was satisfying.

·
Registered
575 Posts
That was me. I knew you've been looking at the Shrock bumper for a while so I thought I'd just give you some motivation. ::wink::

Seriously tho, I feel ya. Half my motivation for bumpers is parking in this city - still may get one for the front at some point seeing as people keep smacking my LED light bars. And don't wait on sliders either - my White Knuckles have saved my doors enough times to pay for themselves a couple times over.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Mfed the SF struggle is TOO real brother :bow: lmao! definitely you already know whats up! Shrockworks back bumper and WK sliders is whats on the Xmas list for this year >:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts