Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where you can get plastic peices/parts chromed? I would like to chrome the plastic cones that go around the foglights.

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
1,482 Posts
if you have a steady hand you can do it yourself...

but you have to have a really steady hand...

If you go to a place that specializes in plastic models, they make a chrome that sticks to plastic (used in highly detailed models).

other than that, I think there used to be vendors that did things like this...

I just cannot remember what the term for it was.... for the life of me...

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
that would look pretty nice. iv actually be thinking about getting the pieces you are talking about color matched to my truck. along with all the other plastic on the front of the vehicle, and the tail gate handle with all the plastic that surrounds it. iv only checked out one body shop so far. they told me 500-600 bucks......i was kind of shocked to hear it. maybe i can get it done cheaper someplace else. i havent checked into it much yet.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I had the foglight surrounds on my LE KC painted white to match the truck and it looks very nice to me. As much as I like chrome I think the surround in chrome would be a bit too much for me, but I have the chrome bumper. You can see what it looks like at
www.picturetrail.com/okiescot.

There used to be a place called Mr. T's in Fort Worth, TX that would rechrome the
dash and other plastic trim pieces on the old Mustangs. I don't know if they are still
in business or if they do anything other than Mustang parts.

If they are painting the piece under the bumper, foglight surrounds, mirrors, and door
handles that is a pretty good price. You usually get what you pay for so don't go too
cheap on it.

OkieScot

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys,i know its not cheap.I had my air box side covers for my FZ1 chromed a few years ago and it cost me $130.00 and they were roughly 4x6 inches in size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts