Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey has any one with the 05-06 stock rims, chormed or polished there rims. i was trying to fund a cheap way to make my truck look better. NISMO54 whats up with your rims? Did some of our stock rims come factory chrome?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I have an '05 LE KC and I had the stock rims polished on it. The cost was $1000 and
I had them done locally. I checked into having them chromed, but I would have had to leave my truck on blocks for 3 to 4 weeks while having the plating done.

By polishing them locally I was able to take them, one at a time and use the spare wheel
and thus not lose the use of my truck. Fortunately I did not have a flat duting this pro-
cess which took almost 2 weeks.

The LE wheels uses a casting that is not very easy to polish. There are zinc deposits that keep surfacing whick leave a slightly dull look in places. I am still satisfied with the look as the blemishes are not too noticeable unless you are right on top of them.

I like the look of the LE wheel and I have never seen another truck with the LE wheels polished so that helped me make the decision.

You can see my wheels at www.picturetrail.com/okiescot.

OkieScot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts