Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in a somewhat nasty fender bender this morning in the snow traveling to work. The front bumper guard is destroyed, but saved the rest of the truck pretty well. The manik prerunner bumper guard is no longer made, so something new must go on. The body shop owner said he could write it into the estimate for as much as 700 or so for a new guard or bumper of my choice. The only catch is, it has to be installed before they can release the truck to me, so a schrock is out of the question. I was thinking of getting the Calmini prerunner with the matching rear bumper, but I dont know. Give me some suggestions ASAP guys, I have to let the shop know which one and where to get it from by tuesday so they can order it up.

Also, does Calmini even keep their stuff in stock, or is it fabbed on a per order basis?

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
calmini is slower then shrock, KMA is a little faster but they build to order most of the time 2, the ARB but looks ugly with the upper tubes IMO, also there is one more cant think of the name

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
i like shrocks, dunno how long it would take to get tho

·
Registered
637 Posts
I here that 4x4parts.com keeps a few Shrocks in stock so you could give them a shout. KMA is in the process of building some bumpers (I was told), but you would need to talk to them by tomorrow.

ARB's are in stock I think. If you need something soon I would rather go this route than nothing. I personally like ARB's, but to each his own.

Any way possible to throw you old damage one back on and have the shop cash you out? Than you could take your time. If yours is completely hammered, what about finding a used one, I am sure they are cheap and you could cash the balance out.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Man thats a bummer situation. I say shrock too, but it sounds like thats too much unless you just pay the extra difference, plus have to wait longer. Thats a real bummer man. What about something custom maybe?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
i have an idea for you. if u wanna go shrock, incredibly long lead time. i have a spare LE bumper, with about a 1 inch hole in the gray portion from a 287 "flak" incident. you could "borrow" it until you get the shrock. i dont care if you get it sprayed red

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
There is also Iron Bull bumper. They look awesome but pricey.

Iron Bull= 2 weeks
ARB = 2 weeks
Calmini = 2 weeks
KMA = 2-3 months
shrockworks = 6-8 months

·
Registered
885 Posts
I here that 4x4parts.com keeps a few Shrocks in stock so you could give them a shout. KMA is in the process of building some bumpers (I was told), but you would need to talk to them by tomorrow.

ARB's are in stock I think. If you need something soon I would rather go this route than nothing. I personally like ARB's, but to each his own.

Any way possible to throw you old damage one back on and have the shop cash you out? Than you could take your time. If yours is completely hammered, what about finding a used one, I am sure they are cheap and you could cash the balance out.

Yes, go through AC if you want Shrock. The guys on newx say it's way faster.

shrockwork bumper UPDATED WITH PICTURES - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts