Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I may be laughed at for asking this question, but heck i can't find anything in the owners manual.
What is the significance of the 3 "chirps" I hear after shutting off my 2011 Frontier??

Thanks!

partsman3

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
what trim level? I don't have that on my '14 SV

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
I think I know what you are talking about, mine does make some noises when turning it off. I attribute it to intake noises as the engine takes its last few breaths.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First off, thanks guys for the responses. My 2011 Frontier is the S model, pretty basic. I purchased it two weeks ago.
The sound I'm hearing is electronic, three "chirps" in rapid succession three times. Like ..., ..., ... So far I really like
the truck, I've added an Extang tonneau cover, and factory fog lights and hood bug shield this week.

Thanks again for the responses!

partsman3

·
Premium Member
6,710 Posts
So it's not "fresh from the factory brand new"... is there an aftermarket alarm or something that might be chirping?

At lunch today when I got to my destination I turned the key to off and listened for this noise and heard nothing of the sort. The only "chirp" type sounds I hear is if I open the door with the key still in the ignition (even in "off" position).

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
... The only "chirp" type sounds I hear is if I open the door with the key still in the ignition (even in "off" position)...
I completely forgot about that thing. I always think of it as the "hey stupid, you forgot your (keys/lights...)". First thing I always do is remove that thing. I often will have my door open with the engine off (like when 4wheelin') and can't STAND that thing. And since the headlights auto-off, I don't need any alarm to remind me (HEY, YOU LEFT YOUR LIGHTS ON SO I'M GOING TO ANNOY YOU WITH A LONG BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP).

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Alarm?

The key in ignition is a beeping or dinging, not a chirp. When partsman3 posted this yesterday, I assumed it is a aftermarket alarm. Partsman3 do you know what a alarm siren/horn looks like? Open the hood and look for a bullhorn looking thing, and have someone else turn off your truck. See if the sound is coming from under the hood. 3 chirps is usually a aftermarket alarm notifying the user the alarm isn't on/activated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts