Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought an "interior LED conversion kit" from AliExpress cuz it was like $20 shipped. After waiting for it to take its sweet time on a boat from China, they finally showed up. The bulbs were supposed to replace the cargo lamp, license plate light, courtesy, and map lights. It came with 5 festoon bulbs, and 2 194 type bulbs. The license plate bulbs are 168, so that was a fail out of the gate. The cargo lamps went right in, and after flipping one of them around, worked like a charm. The interior festoons were a little too big, but the tabs bent easily enough, and it seems pretty secure. They might pop out going up washboard, but until then I'm happy. Light output seems decent, with a clean white colour and no flicker. I'll post up some night time shots when it gets darker.

As far as the "conversion," the hardest part was getting the nut started on the cargo lamp bolts. I mostly blame my janky ratchet for that. I managed to get the covers off the interior lamps without scratching, or breaking anything, which is first for me. Total install time was probably half an hour, with most of that being trips back to my storage locker to find a 8mm socket/ratchet/extension combo that worked, and wasn't buried under other crap I have no room for.

Overall, for $20 I'm pretty happy with them. Yes I could have bought not Chinese crap, but there's other places I'd rather spend that money. I bought the kit for the interior and cargo lamp, so I'm not super butthurt the the license plate bulbs didn't work out. If these last as longs as regular bulbs I'll consider it a win. If they fail in a month, I've spent more money on dumber things, and I've got the other festoons as spares.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Looks good. Do you have a link to the interior bulbs you bought? I like how your's look like a soft white. My interior LEDs are more cool color.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good. Do you have a link to the interior bulbs you bought? I like how your's look like a soft white. My interior LEDs are more cool color.

I took a quick look and I couldn't find the link. It wasn't in my eBay history any more, so your guess is a good as mine. In other news, I haven't had to replace any of the bulbs yet so that's a good sign.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts