Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From NC just got rid of my chevy and picked up a 2012 frontier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That's what I wound up doing last year. Went from a Colorado to a Frontier.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Synthetic seems to be the preferred oil in these trucks. I'm not an expert on it, might search through the forums, there's a few threads on oil.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just picked up a frontier last week after 12 years in a single cab silverado.

I needed more room for my expanding family and didnt want to shell out the cash for a silverado or colorado.

Im liking the little nissan so far

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just picked up a frontier last week after 12 years in a single cab silverado.

I needed more room for my expanding family and didnt want to shell out the cash for a silverado or colorado.

Im liking the little nissan so far
Yeah that my thought too. There was about a 10000 dollar difference between the Silverado and the frontier. A 2012 CC 4X4 FOR 19000 ain't bad

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah that my thought too. There was about a 10000 dollar difference between the Silverado and the frontier. A 2012 CC 4X4 FOR 19000 ain't bad

The prices on full size trucks are crazy these days. The only one that was even close to my price range was the Ram 1500 and the frontier was still 4000 less

·
Registered
397 Posts
...any Chevy I've seen around upstate NY always seems to rust out really quickly in this area; the Nissan's I've seen don't seem to have that issue so I didn't even consider a Chevy in my shopping (not to mention the fact that IF I got a Colorado with a Diesel engine it would have been ~$14K more than my Frontier)...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...any Chevy I've seen around upstate NY always seems to rust out really quickly in this area; the Nissan's I've seen don't seem to have that issue so I didn't even consider a Chevy in my shopping (not to mention the fact that IF I got a Colorado with a Diesel engine it would have been ~$14K more than my Frontier)...
I've heard the only thing good about the Colorado duramax is the fuel mileage. They don't have the Allison transmission in them and because of it geared with a lot of low end torque that's it's really sluggish to accelerate. For that price a 1500 would suffice

·
Registered
266 Posts
odd my frontier has more corrosion/rust than any vehicle ive owned and it started life as a virginia truck.

·
Registered
397 Posts
odd my frontier has more corrosion/rust than any vehicle ive owned and it started life as a virginia truck.
Just because it's a bit more south...both MD and VA salt and sand the crap outta the roads in the winter with all that high speed beltway traffic in and out of D.C.!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts