Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all. i am in nw Ark and just purchased a 2010 Frontier SE KC 2wd v6 to replace my old 2001 Frontier KC XE that had over 450 thousand miles on it and was totaled.

got a great deal on a truck from Superior Nissan at Fayettville,AR and mine came with the truck value package, and auto tranny, and towing hitch. taking the deal with the 2000 rebate i got 4000 discounted off the sticker!!!

i am a sales rep, and started out wanting another 4 cyl engine, and the salesman pointed out there was only two mpg difference between the two.

my old truck with a bed cover (need to sell that Century bed cover btw) got a consistant 26 mpg. the V6 won't get anywhere near that, and i am afraid my gas bill running about a thousand miles per week, is going to run up alot!!!!!!! being the truck is brand new, i don't think i need to start any mods yet, like cold air intake, or chips, but wondering if that might squeak out another two or three mpg? i am installing a bed cover on this one also. i know that will help some. any help or suggestions?

·
Registered
146 Posts
hey there welcome nice to have more people from the area im in fayetteville

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks metalman, i appreciate the welcome. i work that way every Friday, and pass thru there on Monday on my way down to OK and back.

still would love to hear what others think about CAI and chips for improving gas mileage. after doing a search and reading how so many are not happy with their V6 sucking down gas, i am a bit nervous. i fill up every day whether i want to or not.

the dealer is installing splash guards on mine Monday, and i guess that i will pick it up Tuesday. then run back to Harrison and get my bed cover installed.

·
Super Moderator
11,596 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
With a auto trans. and 4x4, I broke 25mpg all highway with a light foot on the gas. With my current Frontier 4x4 and manual trans. I have gotten 24 so far as it wasn't broken all the way in on the all highway tank.
You just may surprise yourself as long as you don't have a heavy foot.
Have you ever heard of www.fuelly.com?
My mpg average tonight according to fuelly was 18.4 and was a mix of mostly city driving. Good luck with the truck.

Clint

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum.
With a auto trans. and 4x4, I broke 25mpg all highway with a light foot on the gas. With my current Frontier 4x4 and manual trans. I have gotten 24 so far as it wasn't broken all the way in on the all highway tank.
You just may surprise yourself as long as you don't have a heavy foot.
Have you ever heard of Fuelly | Share and Compare Your MPG
My mpg average tonight according to fuelly was 18.4 and was a mix of mostly city driving. Good luck with the truck.

Clint
thanks Clint, and i guess i will have to get used to poking around. that has always been a problem for me. will take out my agression with the roadster i guess. 25 mpg would be awesome, if i get it. not used to having so much power in a work truck. my old 2001 four banger Frontier always gave me around 26 mpg no matter how hard i drove it. when i test drove the new truck before purchasing it, i noticed that the engine was reving really low at 55 and i guess that the cruise control will keep me there and i will learn to leave a tad earlier, to make up for the slow speeds. i can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Just picked up a brand new 2010 Frontier SE 4x4 crew cab. This was a huge jump for me as I was driving a 2007 Mitsubishi Spyder 6 speed. Can't take corners like I use to and being what seems like 3 feet higher off the ground will take alot of getting use to. So far, I like it. I was torn between a tacoma and the frontier. The Nissan won out because its better looking and plus I got a much better deal even though Nissan has no Military discounts were Toyota does

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey firstshirt, glad to have you.

i picked up my truck today, after having the dealer install splash guards on front and back.

anddddddddddddddddd my undercover bed cover came in and the guy stayed late and installed it along with a bug deflector.

now my truck is loaded up with all kinds of goodies in the back, locked down snug, and ready to pull out about 530 am tomorrow. i can't wait!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,596 Posts
Congrats, best of luck with it.

Clint

1 - 8 of 8 Posts