Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nice. How did you get the power cable from the engine compartment to the cabin? Also, why'd you take the passenger-side dash apart for the install?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice Fronty...I like the lift and new wheels.

Looks like a lot of work to put that new system in. Did you build the box yourself or have someone do it for you? Did you start out with the RF system? I know it's not the best out there, but mine really thumps with the 2 subs back there (it sounds 100 times better than the RF in my previous Titan).

Be careful with aftermarket stereos...theives love them. As an LEO i can't tell you how many cars get broken into just because they have and aftermarket H/U and speakers installed.

Looks great!

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jwtillema said:
Nice. How did you get the power cable from the engine compartment to the cabin? Also, why'd you take the passenger-side dash apart for the install?
i ran the power cable through the large grommet on the drivers side. it obviously look a longer cable, but i wasnt about to try and go through the pass. side. i had the dash all apart because i ran wires for my component set up to the stock tweeter location. i maybe wouldnt have had to, but it was only like, 6 screws. and i ran the wire for my ipod into the top glove compartment, so i needed to cut a hole in there. so i needed to take that part of the dash out anyways.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sabre66 said:
Nice Fronty...I like the lift and new wheels.

Looks like a lot of work to put that new system in. Did you build the box yourself or have someone do it for you? Did you start out with the RF system? I know it's not the best out there, but mine really thumps with the 2 subs back there (it sounds 100 times better than the RF in my previous Titan).

Be careful with aftermarket stereos...theives love them. As an LEO i can't tell you how many cars get broken into just because they have and aftermarket H/U and speakers installed.

Looks great!
i built the box myself. and no, i did not start out with the rockford system. i knew i was going to put my own stuff in anyways, so i figured i wouldnt waste the 800 bucks, or whatever it is to get that. and actually, i didnt think the non-RF stock setup was that bad. for factory, it bumped pretty good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts