Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 frontier, check engine light comes on after driving about 20min down the hiway, shut the truck off light goes out. I have pluged a OB2 code reader in while driveing and sitting with the engine light on and i get 0 codes. Any thoughts on what it maybe?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is gonna sound ridiculous... But check your gas cap. You might need a new one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
is this a Bluetooth code reader and phone app or a legit handheld unit? I've found my Bluetooth reader and torque app does not always read every code or stored codes. The dealer showed a steering angle sensor and rear diff lock switch codes when I showed none.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is this a Bluetooth code reader and phone app or a legit handheld unit? I've found my Bluetooth reader and torque app does not always read every code or stored codes. The dealer showed a steering angle sensor and rear diff lock switch codes when I showed none.
Its a cheep ligit reader that plugs in and gives you a code and then with the help of google. Ie. The code reader will give a p 104 code for example.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts