Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Ok not mine,,,,but want to help my father.

He as a nice white. Frontier 2013 cab,,,4/4. 4 liter
As 78400cdn km on it.

Always done is reg oil change. Etc

But he id an oil change this monday and this morning check engine as light out....those no blink. Just on. He tight the gas cap did 120 km still on.

I ask him if he ever chnage is plug,,,he those not think so. He says he think it runs fine,,he just did that 120k.....

What can it be?

He those not have mutch $. So i try to do are. Best.

Just baught. Rear disk and pads. There done. Plus pads for front...nissan dealer want 900$ to change rear disk and pads and front pads........i paid 160$ for parts hello.

Anyway back to the engine light! Is it dangerous for the engine?

Tks for any infos

·
Super Moderator
11,721 Posts
The light corresponds to a code and that code will point you to the specific issue the truck is having. Many times it's nothing serious.

Clint

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did the test

P0101 mass airflow

I change the air filter.,,but i did not reset.

There was an hose attche to the air box,,just like that not plug? Should have take a pict,,,truck now gone....not sure if it supose to be like that weird.

Whatnis weird, that check engine open up few km after a oil change and those point check up. Thats is wen they check is brake and and garage told him brake were done,,but he tild them not to do them,,,and they were a bit angry. Could the dealer mecaic have done something?

What helse can i do.??

Should i reset?

Is there recal?

Tks for any infos.

By the way on is receip of oil change. The air filter check ok. Look at the pict!!!!! Have they trullly look at it. Dont truct mecanic,,even at dealer unles you no him.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thinking about and frome what i have read. I think its because of the dealer.

They did is oil change. They did the check up suposely!!!! They mighg not have close it down ok, Few km later is check engine lights up.,,,,,p0101. Mmmmm. Weird if not because of them.

I wish i could post a pict as easy as on fb here.

Now i trully would like to know what i can do helse.

Its still on,,after driving 120km after air filter change. A simple frame one. But i have not reset it should have ??

Tks for any infos

1 - 9 of 9 Posts