Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Nissan Frontier. When I plug in my Samsung Galaxy phone via USB cable, I get this error message and then it knocks out the radio station I was listening to. What is wrong? My truck is 1 month old!

·
Premium Member
5,481 Posts
2019 Nissan Frontier. When I plug in my Samsung Galaxy phone via USB cable, I get this error message and then it knocks out the radio station I was listening to. What is wrong? My truck is 1 month old!
It's not your truck.

The "USB" function is for old-style media files on a flash drive, not for Carplay/Android Auto (which the OEM head unit does not have).
You'll have to use Bluetooth or 3.5mm AUX for audio steaming.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try throwing that Samsung in the garbage - should instantly fix your issue. I don't think the 2019s have android auto or apple carplay so I don't believe you can select USB for a source. If you click on FM, does the radio come back? Here are some more details on MTP:
Android USB Connections Explained: MTP, PTP, and USB Mass Storage
It's not your truck.

The "USB" function is for old-style media files on a flash drive, not for Carplay/Android Auto (which the OEM head unit does not have).
You'll have to use Bluetooth or 3.5mm AUX for audio steaming.
I don't even have music on my samsung phone. I just plug it in to charge and I get that error message and it quits playing the AM or FM station I am listening to! Very annoying. If I get an iPhone or new Android will I have the same issue? I am planning to get a new phone later this year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
First check your phone's settings when you plug in the USB. On my Android a "USB Connected" notification pops up when i'm connected, and I can change the type of connection (charging only, file transfer, MTP, etc). If this is the case for you try changing it to MTP mode.

Otherwise just gotta go with Bluetooth or aux cable.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't even have music on my samsung phone. I just plug it in to charge and I get that error message and it quits playing the AM or FM station I am listening to! Very annoying. If I get an iPhone or new Android will I have the same issue? I am planning to get a new phone later this year.
If you're just wanting to charge the phone, don't plug it in to the aux input port for the radio. Plug it into an accessory port. There is a difference.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you're just wanting to charge the phone, don't plug it in to the aux input port for the radio. Plug it into an accessory port. There is a difference.
I knew it was an aux adapter, but it does function for charging, and is the only USB port on the dash. The USB for charging is located in the console, which is not convenient at all! . So I had to buy a cigarette lighter adapter and now use that. It is annoying that they don’t have two USB ports on the dash. Even my smoker friends don’t use a cigarette lighter in a car!

·
Premium Member
5,481 Posts
I knew it was an aux adapter, but it does function for charging, and is the only USB port on the dash. The USB for charging is located in the console, which is not convenient at all! . So I had to buy a cigarette lighter adapter and now use that. It is annoying that they don’t have two USB ports on the dash. Even my smoker friends don’t use a cigarette lighter in a car!
If you turned off MTP on your Android phone like a previous reply suggested, you wouldn't have "had to" buy a cigarette lighter adapter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts