Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to bolt stuff to my utili-track rails so i ordered some strut channel nuts. I can confirm that these work:

Unistrut P1006-1420 EG

For a simple test I used 2 of them to build a 2x4 bed divider. (Bed devidor?)

Closer view

Here's a detailed view of the steel L-bracket screwed to the 2x4, and the strut channel nut fastened with a 1/4-20 x 1" bolt. I snapped off the springs and flipped them to the opposite side of the nut. This way the nut will turn 90 degrees and lock into place in the track.

Very easy to install and adjust along the track. Durability was tested by my 5 year old son kicking it with snowboots, and then I kicked it pretty hard with steeltoes. It didn't budge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
538 Posts
If I reading the specs correctly it is the 1/4" version.

Thanks because I was looking for those the other day at Home Depot and didn't know what size (I wasn't driving my Fronty at the time).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep they are the 1/4-20 nuts for 1-5/8 channel. I couldn't find at HD, got on Amazon

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's good to know. It would probably be cheaper to get them local, shipping was more than I expected. I bet fastenal and grainger have them too.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mind blown!
I have the app now (thanks) and I found some channel spring nuts in various sizes. Looks slightly different from the ones I used, but might work just fine anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts