Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the S10 Blazer rear sway bar mod today.

Not sure if there's a sticky write up here, but there is on a similar site.

Basically it's the rear bar off a mid 90s Blazer (I used a 95) and the links from an early Pathy and a couple u bolts. On my weenie 190 rear axle, 2 1/2" u bolts fit snug. Extra nut behind cross strap for support, Blazer bushing saddle slides right on. Pathy end links slide right into existing holes in rear frame cross member. Brake line on axle needs a slight nudge to clear u bolts. Bar sits parallel to ground and clears everything including exhaust. On beefier axles you need 3" clamps and enlarged holes in the Blazer saddles.

It's literally a bolt on for 98/99 Frontys. Beefy 7/8" bar, too!
29 bucks total at the local u pull it.....crazy simple mod.

Haven't beat on it yet, but it's definitely flatter thru turns around the neighborhood.

·
Registered
Great truck
1,099 Posts
That's awesome. Huge sway bars rock for fun in town

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: after some faster twisty road runs on the old girl, I must say this is the biggest bang for the buck mod so far.
Staying way flatter and more planted in sharp corners. Lost the tuna boat roll in the rear. Off ramps can be taken WAY faster than prudent.

Granted, this is the lightest version of a 1st gen, but I gotta think that a slight drop, lsd rear and some sticky wide tires would be a hoot on this rig...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As stated above, for the smaller rear axles no modification to the blazer saddles needed. 2 1/2 bolts line right up. The trip to get hardware took longer than the install...highly recommended! I didn't upgrade to poly bushings because the factory rubber stuff was mint.

·
Registered
358 Posts
That thread doesn't have any pictures. I need pictures!
Can you post a picture of your setup?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You probably need to register to see pics...I can see them, it's quite well documented.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I actually made it to the junk yard yesterday and picked up a bar from a 96 Jimmy, as well as the 96 Pathfinder links. $25 total.
The bar looks like it will fit just fine, but the u-bolts are a tad too small for the 4x4 axle.
We'll see how it goes!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been out of town, so no pics yet...sorry!

Yeah, the original write up I saw stated 3" u-bolts for the larger axles. My rig is the base 2WD model, so 2 1/2" worked perfect for me.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I took the u-bolt to Home Depot today to get new ones. It was the 2.5 inch bolt that was slightly larger than the old one.
Go figure.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Well, its in! Didn't have any problems really. Moving the P-side brake line was a little nerve racking.
The u-bolt needed to go right where the holding tabs are.
I didn't quite have enough clearance from the exhaust to make me feel comfortable so I double washered it on that side.
And it is DEFINATELY flatter in the corners!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I figured. :)
That's why I thought I would recruit you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts