Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing turn signals to led. Looking for the correct relay i need to replace my stock blinker relay to avoid the hyper blink. Ive looked on different site and been getting different relays. Any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I would stick with the halogen bulbs.

Reactions: Nismod

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
You will not need any load resistors, plus they are priced cheaper. I can see changing your back up lights to led to see better, but changing your turn signals to led will not help you turn better. But it is your truck do what you want It is just my opinion.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,372 Posts
You will not need any load resistors, plus they are priced cheaper. I can see changing your back up lights to led to see better, but changing your turn signals to led will not help you turn better. But it is your truck do what you want It is just my opinion.
But leds will be brighter and last longer too.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I know nothing about led but would like to switch out back up bulbs and possibly interior map and dome lights. Can you give me the right info for these?? Anybody
I’m going with the Katana’s for head lights in near future.. found that info here also... Great forum!!

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
But leds will be brighter and last longer too.
I would have to compare the brand of led lumens compared to the halogen bulb. My oem bulbs have lasted 8 yrs so far. I think that is a long time.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I know nothing about led but would like to switch out back up bulbs and possibly interior map and dome lights. Can you give me the right info for these?? Anybody
I’m going with the Katana’s for head lights in near future.. found that info here also... Great forum!!
I have done the interrior switch to led. To me, it was a waste of money. There is nothing wrong with the halogene bulb plus the led are really anoying in the dark. I much prefer a warmer color. Anyway, your truck, your decisions. For bulb size, check your owner manual or the online factory manual

·
Registered
574 Posts
Diode Dynamics is a sponsor here and is supposed to have some quality stuff, but is a little more expensive. Should have a bulb finder on their website.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I also bought some led turn signal. I like them as they are brighter then stock. Here is a link for the turn signal:
EverBright Front Rear Turn Signal Light Canbus No Error 1156 BA15S 1141 1073 1095 Led Bulb for RV Camper SUV MPV Car Replacement Bulb DC-12V (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07CP1FN5X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_rlU9DbX2VBXTT
And the relay:
1998-2004 Nissan Frontier LED Turn Signal Flasher, EP34 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KQUZ3HY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_njU9Db9JWW6PE

The light seems pricey today. They might have gone up. Sorry for the canadian amazon link.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Personally, I updated all the interior festoon bulbs to led and for the price I can't think of a better upgrade. But I like them bright and white. Then I updated all but the Blinkers/flashes, more on that later....the rear red brake(3rd brake light included), cargo, reverse, license, front side indicators(amber) these are difficult to do if you have big hands or a weak grip. I only upgraded the Headlights to Phillips crystal vision (9007 and H11 driving/fog). My Katana 9007 arrive today.

BLINKERS: Now back to flashers, I upgraded the rear first(amber) and right away hyperflash and I'd figured I'd see what to do to fix it, while I ordered the front flashers(amber). Installed the front and every time I'd turn on the headlights, I'd blow the 10A Illumination fuse and then I had no amber parking/driving light on at the top of the headlight. Flashers still worked fine. After troubleshooting(many days and different things),II have the circuit diagram if anyone needs it. The flasher part of the circuit would cause this because of the leds(maybe something in the model I had) but replaced the flashers back to bulb and replaced the fuse and no issue. I also first looked into getting the flasher relay to fix the hyper flash/load issue. Could not find a for sure or definete solution anywhere without trying for myself with some trial and error. Then ultimetly went with staying bulbs at the flashers for that reason and you really don't gain anything, not really much brighter in the rear and in the front I would strongly aurgue they were LESS noticeable with the LED installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh, forgot this, if you get the LED upgrade for the reverse lights, go with an option that has the projector lens on the tip. Way better. I first ordered the little rectangle ones with led chips on the front/back/tip, didn't like them once I found the ones with the projector lens tip. So I moved the rectangle ones up to the 3rd light spot, they work great up there and you can use white for all 3 spots since the brake light lens is red. I ordered a 4 pack and had a spare left over.

·
Premium Member
5,636 Posts
I have done the interrior switch to led. To me, it was a waste of money. There is nothing wrong with the halogene bulb plus the led are really anoying in the dark. I much prefer a warmer color. Anyway, your truck, your decisions. For bulb size, check your owner manual or the online factory manual
Diode Dynamics lets you pick color, so.... YMMV

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 98 Frontier still has all 4 of the original incandescent turn signal bulbs. And, yes, I do use them.

The front headlights though kept burning up every 6-9 months for some mysterious reason. So I replaced them with LEDs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have had quite a few LED bulbs fail on my boat and on a vehicle that I bought that had them installed. I think the claim to longer life is not always true. Halogen bulbs seem to last a long time, I rarely have to replace them. Damn near infinite life in a turn signal

·
Registered
2018 Arctic Blue SV KC 2WD V6 AT.
21 Posts
I also bought some led turn signal. I like them as they are brighter then stock. Here is a link for the turn signal:
EverBright Front Rear Turn Signal Light Canbus No Error 1156 BA15S 1141 1073 1095 Led Bulb for RV Camper SUV MPV Car Replacement Bulb DC-12V (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07CP1FN5X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_rlU9DbX2VBXTT
And the relay:
1998-2004 Nissan Frontier LED Turn Signal Flasher, EP34 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KQUZ3HY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_njU9Db9JWW6PE

The light seems pricey today. They might have gone up. Sorry for the canadian amazon link.
Could you tell me if the EP34 turn signal flasher is under the dash or the hood?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts