Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just completed my change out of the plastic bumper cover to the OEM Chrome.

Parts list: OEM style fog lights kit from Amazon ($45), Upper front bumper cover ($120 Amazon, then needed to be painted Blue to match), Chrome bumper (160$ amazon), LH/RH bumper brackets to bolt the chrome bumper to the black bumper reinforcement ($50 Per on amazon), STALK switch (60$ on EBAY new, OR ~110$ amazon new), and finally the front lower facia ($160 amazon, $220 Nissan OEM parts website).

WELL, after waiting for parts, and installing everything, i can say that having fog lights and looking at the shiny new chrome bumper was worth it all.
If budget was not an issue, i might have purchased the off road steel bumper that can accept the winch.

In conclusion, the peace of mind that I have knowing that if a small animal runs out in front of my truck and i accidentally run him over. Then i wont destroy the plastic bumper cover is worth all the effort. IMHO no truck should come with a plastic bumper anyways.. Hope you guys find this useful.

BK

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hello everyone,

I just completed my change out of the plastic bumper cover to the OEM Chrome.

Parts list: OEM style fog lights kit from Amazon ($45), Upper front bumper cover ($120 Amazon, then needed to be painted Blue to match), Chrome bumper (160$ amazon), LH/RH bumper brackets to bolt the chrome bumper to the black bumper reinforcement ($50 Per on amazon), STALK switch (60$ on EBAY new, OR ~110$ amazon new), and finally the front lower facia ($160 amazon, $220 Nissan OEM parts website).

WELL, after waiting for parts, and installing everything, i can say that having fog lights and looking at the shiny new chrome bumper was worth it all.
If budget was not an issue, i might have purchased the off road steel bumper that can accept the winch.

In conclusion, the peace of mind that I have knowing that if a small animal runs out in front of my truck and i accidentally run him over. Then i wont destroy the plastic bumper cover is worth all the effort. IMHO no truck should come with a plastic bumper anyways.. Hope you guys find this useful.

BK
Photo Bomb/Lurker :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
yekratsb
Nissan Frontier Forum
Welcome to our Nissan Frontier Forum! A premier community to share your mods and builds. Chat with like-minded Frontier owners.
Full Forum Listing