Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
If your just changing brake pads then basic tools should suffice. Some tools to bleed the brakes after would be a good idea also. Only tool I can think of would be the clamp to press the piston in to fit the new thicker pads.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I use the old pads and a c clamp to move the piston in. Some brake lube for the carriages and sliders is needed, as well as some sort of disc brake "glue". A bleeder wrench could come in handy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Glue ?

I use the old pads and a c clamp to move the piston in. Some brake lube for the carriages and sliders is needed, as well as some sort of disc brake "glue". A bleeder wrench could come in handy.
What is the Glue for?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Do not bleed the brakes. You dont need to when changing pads. The "glue" is an anti-squeal adhesive. Works great. The c clamps help with the pistons. Put the old pad between the piston and c clamp to make pushing them back in easier

·
Registered
428 Posts
Also, the glue goes on the back of the pad and the top and bottom guides. Do NOT put it on the braking surface

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Also a brake spring remover if you're doing rear brake shoes.

A spreader tool for the front pads is under $10, so maybe even cheaper than a C-clamp.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you don't know don't do it ,the most important thing is to ba able to stop.
Not the best time to try to save money becides most likely your rotors need turned any way.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Any instructions on replacing the rotors on the 1st gens? I've changed many pads/rotors but never ran into anything like the 1st gen front rotors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts