Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grand daughter does auto detailing and she detailed and applied a ceramic coating to my Frontier in July. It still looks magnificent! Not cheap but if I never have to wax my truck again I am good with it!!! :angel:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks really good. What is the product name? Keep us posted as to the durability.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure of product name, will find out. The amazing thing is after she finished my truck (at 2 years old) looked better than when new. As to durability, we will see.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
That does look great.

Ceramic coatings or also known as nano or glass coatings are nothing more than polymers. It has been used back in the day for pottery which have a metallic glittering effect. You see this in the tinting industry - coming up with fancy names for marketing - I had my '07 Honda re-tinted and the installer advised against the ceramic tint due to longevity issues.

I'd look and see what the requirements are - washing monthly and having to reapply the product as part of the warranty. The durability is good and do help protect the paint, but expect to pay in the 3 or 4 digits. I'm sure most of the cost is in the prep work.

I do a 4 or 5 stage detail on my truck once every 6 months (weekly/monthly waterless washes too) - spring and fall and spend about $50-$60 in supplies.

Glad you like it - that's all that matters.

·
Super Moderator
19,906 Posts
My grand daughter does auto detailing and she detailed and applied a ceramic coating to my Frontier in July. It still looks magnificent! Not cheap but if I never have to wax my truck again I am good with it!!! :angel:

Where is the before pic?

·
Registered
91 Posts
My Frontier is coated with Opti-Coat, I believe I posted it in this very forum, here was one of my Opti-Coat jobs from this week. Not a Fronty but I'm sure you guys will still like it ;)

This was a Mercedes S550 unprotected before any coating, after my correction and Opti-Coat

This was a single stage 1979 Lil Red Express pre correction

Post correction, polishing and Gloss Coat

The coatings can also be applied to vinyl wraps, as seen with this one

·
Registered
137 Posts
Opi, just curious, how much would charge to do a Fronty. I see your not far up the Northeast extension from me. Maybe I can give you some business.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My granddaughter has her shop in Yelm, WA. I have viewed loads of her work and it is GOOD. Here is a link to her page:

Home

Tell her Glenn sent you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts