Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have a lot of cars and flags so you can't miss the place. The exterior of the building looks clean but the inside is dated and needs a major renovation.
All the staff is nice - overly nice and fake which i can't stand so I have a favorite service advisor. The shop there is great-good mechanics.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I guess their service has gone down over time....took mine in to get the brakes checked and they took off my master cylinder cap and left it off! I got home, lifted up the hood for a look at my air filter (I figured it was probably time for a replacement) and saw the nice surprise they left me. They said it wasn't them and refused to do anything unless I wanted to buy a new one, so I got an extra for free from a local shop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been smelling the exhaust from the car in front of me while my defrost is on even though it's on circulate.

I called bill ray Nissan and said that to the guy expecting an answer (it's normal) but instead he asked:

When Did you buy it?
Well if you bought it after December 12 then your warranty is over.
Okay? So what's the answer to my question?
How many miles are on it?
90,000- I just have a question about the AC my defrost is on with circulate on.
Oh that's the problem, defrost isn't circulated.

I wanted to bang my head into the steering wheel.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I bought mine from Bill Ray almost 3 years ago, it was actually a very good buying experience, they were great and the deal was good. I have only been there 1 time since tho, only for a part!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Bought my 2011 SV from them before thanksgiving. The representative I was working with took $5000 off the price and tried his best to get me the most out of my 350Z trade-in. Service is decent, they try and talk to me like I know nothing about mechanics of a car though, lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I brought my Nissan Frontier to my Nissan dealership to get a new tire put on, tire rotation/balance/alignment, synthetic oil change.

I used to have a great service advisor who'd let me go into his tiny office space and look over his shoulder as we were choosing which services I needed and he'd answer any questions I had. I wrote a wonderful letter about him and said that's the type of service I get from BMW for my M3. So he quit and now works as a mediator at a court house. I'm stuck with an older woman now.

I brought my truck into the bay and we looked over it together. She knew who I was because I had called her last Thursday for estimates. The tire she quoted me was $235, with my VIP discount. I bought the same tire for $10 less, and got it one day sooner than she could, I used Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels.

As we were looking at the truck I said, I got my new tire, I just need it put on now and an oil change, alignment, etc... and she stopped and said, "which tire needs replaced?" It was the rear tire we were both standing next to. So I pointed and said "This one." She said, "What's wrong with this one?" I said, It's the spare!" She said, OH!! I see now, So you want this this this....

So I go into the waiting room and there's construction going on inside, they're doing some over-due remodeling. There's a 'quiet' waiting room/business center (2 computers, 1 has net access) and a regular waiting room. They've cleared out some walls and opened the space up, added some windows to the garage, you could tell it was cheap but it's a lot nicer than it was, cool. The employee's must have been so inspired by the face lifts that they decided to get make-overs. The men that I recognize (been going there for 4 years) that had gray hair have dyed it brown, some men had hair pieces, the women are all really fat (like rolls) but they got make overs, one girl bleached her hair so much that it was fried and frizzy. They had Soap-Opera's (spelling) on the waiting room TV, all men were in there waiting. They didn't offer free wi-fi, even burger king has free wifi these days. So I called my wife and had her come get on her way back from the dentist.

My truck was supposed to be ready by 5pm. It wasn't ready until 5:45pm. I got a call saying we close at 6pm so you better hurry, how nice. I'm looking over my bill, the estimate was $209.00 + or - a little, the service advisor said. I went there determined not to spend more than $225.00, the bill was $215, cool with me. I looked over my checklist of issues when I got home, the visual inspection that they do. I know that I have 1 headlight out, 1 fog light out, and 1 license plate light out. First item on that check list is 'Light inspection' they checked, all okay. Next is washer fluid, the reservoir still had the water in it from my garden hose, but on my bill it said 'drained washer fluid'.

I went to discount autoparts to get an engine air filter, cabin air filter, and fuel injector cleaner. I noticed my air-bag light was on in my dash. It's been on all month, but I've been ignoring until I get the $ to fix it next month. It wasn't even mentioned on my checklist or bill, an estimate to fix it would have been nice. I know one of my TPMS monitors is bad in one of my tires is bad from using 'fix a flat' on it a long time ago. No one bothered to give me an estimate for that or mention it.

So i'm going to tell all this to the General Manager and decline all of the free stuff he's going to offer me. I really just want what I paid for and I don't want to have to check everything after they've worked on it. That type of stress isn't worth the $11 VIP discount I got. I'll take it to another Nissan dealership.

So if you live in central florida, avoid Bill Ray Nissan like the Fin plague!!

-- With the unemployment rate as high as it is, i'm really surprised how many people suck at their job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts