Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my Samsung Galaxy S7 synced up to my 2016 Pro4X and I can't figure out how to listen to music from my phone. I know I can use an auxiliary cable, but I figured I would be able to just listen via Bluetooth.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have my Samsung Galaxy S7 synced up to my 2016 Pro4X and I can't figure out how to listen to music from my phone. I know I can use an auxiliary cable, but I figured I would be able to just listen via Bluetooth.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks.

Use the media button to select Bluetooth. Open the app on your phone you want to stream. It will play through the speakers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
575 Posts
My 2014 non-nav didn't have bluetooth media/audio function, just phone calls. Yours might be the same, check your owner's manual.

·
Admin
3,392 Posts
^ same here with the non nav unit on a '13.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Non-Nav 2015 Desert Runner here and it plays music through bluetooth just fine for me... Rolling Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to Non Nav stock unit.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Audio main operation

To switch to the Bluetooth® audio mode, press the MEDIA button repeatedly until the Bluetooth® audio mode is displayed on the screen. The controls for the Bluetooth® audio are displayed on the screen. Use the Preset 3 button for play and the Preset 4 button for pause.

That is all...

Hope this works for you.

·
Admin
3,392 Posts
This is the non nav unit in the '13s, no MEDIA button. Hopefully they changed it in the later models @Kagia and you'll be able to follow @racquetballer instructions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah there is no media button on mine. I followed racquetballer's instructions, but with the AUX button instead, and it worked. :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Same, you gotta plug it in and last I checked it seems to only work with iphones... No android, sorry (I think, at least it didn't work with my Nexus 7)...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Same, you gotta plug it in and last I checked it seems to only work with iphones... No android, sorry...
Bluetooth works fine on my Samsung Galaxy Note 7 without wires in my truck... No need to plug in here... I'll post up a picture when I get a chance.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Bluetooth works fine on my Samsung Galaxy Note 7 without wires in my truck... No need to plug in here... I'll post up a picture when I get a chance.

Might be 2015 and up they started working with other phones as well? Nissan is never very specific about what all does or doesn't work unfortunately.

:nerd:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Same, you gotta plug it in and last I checked it seems to only work with iphones... No android, sorry...
Here's a picture of my head unit and the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 paired bluetooth wirelessly. OP has a 2016 so it's a year newer than my rig so I would hope it would work for the OP too. BTW my older Samsung Galaxy Note 4 worked as well.. YMMV

·
Registered
334 Posts
Same in my 2015 Non-Nav.

Push Settings > Bluetooth to pair your phone.
Push the MEDIA button until it says "BluetoothAudio"
When the phone is connected, you will have some icons show in the top corner next to the clock.
Open your favorite music app and hit play.
Make sure your phone's volume is up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts