Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that the top half of the rear 40 seat on the 05/06 Crew Cab rattles? Mine seems loose. If I unclip it from the rear of the truck the rattling is really bad. If it is clipped in place it still rattles but to a lesser extend. The 60 side doesnt do this.

- Greg -

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Mine's fine, no rattle back there. Do you think it's the seat top or bottom? Maybe you can isolate it so that the mechanic has a good idea where to start looking.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Weird. If u unclip it, what would make it rattle more??? Mine is OK.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
FitzIngarage said:
Mine's fine, no rattle back there. ...
Well, I spoke too soon -- now I have some sort of noise back there. More of a knocking than a rattle. I'm messing with the seats now to diagnose it. Maybe my wife will have to drive on a bumpy road while I sit in back and try to determine the source.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My '07 CC does the same thing.

If I set something on the rear seat, either side, the back rest rattles in the hinge. Holy Annoying!

I was able to diagnose the problem just by hitting the seat bottom with my hand simulating road vibration. It's the same for both sides.

I wish I had a solution to cure the issue but I haven't come up with one yet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 07 does it as well. The smallest amount of pressure causes it to knock or rattle. Super annoying. I am having it checked out tomorrow when I get an oil change.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just got back from oil change. They said that the latch was loose and they tightened it up. No more annoying rattle!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here is the cure guys. I noticed yesterday when I was putting stuff in the back that mine did this and I remembered my 2003 Carrera did the same.

Lower the seat back so the catch is exposed (the part bolted to the back wall). Now you will need to go to a craft store (I went to Michaels) it is a nation wide chain. Ask them where the 8 1/2" x 11" self adhesive felt is. Cut a 3/8" x 2" piece and completely wrap it around the catch and close the seat back up. Noise gone forever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts