Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for examples of your CB and antenna setups. I'm looking to install a CB and a Firestik so I'd love to see what you have for a setup. Pics and a quickdescription please.

Thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Interested in this as well - just picked up a new Uniden radio and trying to decide how best to hook it up. I have a Wilson magnet mount (Little Will) that I was thinking about putting on the roof - however that ends up hitting the garage door.

Fire sticks are great antennas - used them when I drove commercially years ago, but could never figure out how to rig one up on the pickup truck bed without doing something invasive.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
A few antenna mount options from the Facebook group

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
My CB is the cobra C75WXST and I have it hidden in the center console.

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Firestik in OEM antenna location:

CB is a Midland 75-822 so no permanent mount, I just stick it next to the passenger seat when in use but store it in the center bin when not. I have the wired base in the center console connected to direct 12V.

Links:
Firestik CB Antenna Custom Install, part 1 & part 2

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cb is in the center of the dash above the little storage spot.

Antenna is mounted in the rear bumper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I didn't realize how popular the center console was...that's where mine is stashed as well. Nothing fancy, literally just something to get me by for now. The mic is threaded though a hole with a grommet on it and hung next to me along with an external speaker so I can hear it. Basic rear bumper/tailgate attachment on the Firestik.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I have an ICOM IC-2730A mounted under the driver's seat. The face plate is separate and is mounted with a 3D printed bracket just in front of the shifter. The antenna is on a bracket with an NMO mount that I made that clamps onto the front of the bed and floats above the tonneau cover. This isn't an ideal place for an antenna, but it is out of the way, doesn't hit the garage door, doesn't interfere with the tonneau cover, and gives good enough coverage. The install is here.

·
Registered
352 Posts
My little cb is also mounted in center console. I can hear it ok with lid closed so haven’t added extra speaker yet.

Got a firestik II with a mirror mount kit. Used half the mirror mount to make a mount to drill into bed rail. Ran coax from cb, under carpet to door sill, out cabin vent, zip tied to frame all the way back. Came up the left tail light. Drilled thru the bumpout behind tail light.

Installed mount above bumpout at end of utilitrak. Cut away bed cap, ground off paint, mounted Marriot mount to bed rail. Mounted antenna, taped it off and used spray can bedliner to cover mount and bare metal. Been there for over a year, looks good and sound and transmit is good even here in the mountains.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I cut the center console and then bolted it in with some mounting brackets.

What the heck are all those rocker switches for ?! :nerd:
"Let there be light" 4 lights facing forward, 2 facing rear, 2 facing sideways, and mood lighting for the bed..... Once I have a good pic I'll share.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Why does everyone go with CB radios instead of VHF/UHF radios?

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
It isn’t what you are seeing is just a reflection of the water down below...lol

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Ultra (Beta)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Why am I not 6 feet tall?

Questions with no real answers.
UHF/VHF have much much much farther range than a CB. It's just an all around better radio

1 - 20 of 33 Posts