Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I hope i'm posting this in the right place...
I'm looking to install

Amazon.com: Cobra 18 WX ST II 40-Channel CB Radio with 10 NOAA Weather Channels: Electronics

Amazon.com: Cobra HG S300 Highgear External Noise-Cancelling Speaker: Electronics

Amazon.com: Cobra HG A 1500 Base-Load Medium Magnet Mount 300W CB Antenna: Electronics

Does this seem like an ok set up for a reasonable price?
I dont do any big wheeling or anything I more want the radio for the PA and the weather radio while I'm at my lake place.

Would this be easy enough to install myself or bring somewhere to have them do it?
Sorry if I am re-posting this. I searched and could not find much on the CB radios but I know alot of yall have them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've never tinkered with the weather stations on a Cb, but I thought they had the same distance as the radio.. it only makes logical sense to the uneducated such as myself. In that event, unless the radio station is within 2-3 miles of your lake place then it won't do any good to have the CB. You'll have to install lanier? I think their called and start putting out an illegal amount of 10,000 watts probably? to reach a far distance. Less would probably work, but doesn't have the same emphasis =)

CB Radios & CB Antennas - Cobra, Uniden, Wilson, K40 & Firestik

a good website on CB Radios

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Seems like a plan.. Not really into Cobras w/"SoundTracker"( it only works with another SoundTracker Cobra radio). Where do you plan to install it ?

Weather alerts are transmitted via radio towers and have nothing to do with the radio's transmit range.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not really sure I was thinking maybe in that slot under the A/C but it would be sticking out a good bit. so probably hanging under that like footy did...

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I'd cut out a cardboard template of the radio(in this case 7 x 1.9 x 6.5 inches) and jockey it around the interior to check your radio/mounting options..

G/L!

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you are looking for an antenna, I have a 3ft magnetic mount antenna. It is made my wilson. I no longer have any use for it because my cb broke :'(

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the same CB in my work truck and it works fine as far as weather channels the signal is much stronger than the cb signal you will catch one really far out. I catch one weather channel from perrington TX which is 80 or so miles from me. If I only needed my cb at the cabin I would get a cigarette lighter adapter plug, the antenna you have already chose,speaker and just throw it in the floor and hook it up when I was at the cabin and unhook it b4 I leave. Just my.02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts