Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i look at a few post here on how everyone has there CB antenna install and saw a few frontiers at the frontana meet and kinda did not like them too much just beacuse they look like if u have some cargo they would get in the way.. so this is what i came up with and these are the parts i used everthing from firestick- molded side mount,Heavy Duty Spring,Fire-Flex coaxial cable,firestick II antenna and "Push-N-Twist" quick disconnect. also a pvc valve grommet from pep-boys. also u will need to cut the TRACK about 1/4 in so everthing will fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
pics up in a bit

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay guys i just add the pics

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
eeek a hole in the bed rail.............................

if it works for you tho thats all that matters

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
yah man it is a hole in the bed rail, but what the heck. It looks clean. Nice job!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
yeh its a great setup. i just hate drilling into my sheetmetal

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeh its a great setup. I just hate drilling into my sheetmetal
yeah i did not want to cut in to it but that the only way that i could see it would not be on the way....

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Nice job!
Should be able to run a SS whip/flag for dune runs with it too!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
721 Posts
did you put the springs on to? When I did mine I went through many pages to find the right spot. Finally put them off the tool box. Can only see 1 side in this tho. Running 2. Where did you mount your radio?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
did you put the springs on to? When I did mine I went through many pages to find the right spot. Finally put them off the tool box. Can only see 1 side in this tho. Running 2. Where did you mount your radio?
yeah i put the spring o n it. i put it in the arm rest got the cobra 19

·
Registered
721 Posts
Nice^^^^^^^^
When I had a old ranger danger I had 6' whips off the bumper. But didn't wanna tap the bump on the fronty tho.

And the 19 is what I roll. Cheap and gets the job done right!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I know this kind of old but would like to keep this topic going. I have searched but havnt found any info on antenna bedrail mounts for trucks with a shell. Maybe you guys can help. I like the bed rail mount but it needs to offset for the shell. Any ideas?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know this kind of old but would like to keep this topic going. I have searched but havnt found any info on antenna bedrail mounts for trucks with a shell. Maybe you guys can help. I like the bed rail mount but it needs to offset for the shell. Any ideas?
A half wave antenna could mount on the shell. These are called "no ground plane" antennas and don't require the mount be grounded to the frame.

To go with a quarter wave antenna (either the 9' whip or a shorter coiled version), the mount must be grounded for best results. The 1/4 wave uses the truck as a "ground plane" and bounces the signal off it (sort of making a half wave).

Generally, as close to the 9' whip is best, but others do great. Often, just getting an antenna up will give a decent signal out of luck. If there are problems, and the hardware is right, then adjusting the length of the antenna to set the Standing Wave Ratio (SWR) properly will fix the problem. That's usually a little screw on the antenna somewhere. Once it is set, mark it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts