Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 8 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will have to replace my catalysts and since I'm in CA, it's expensive. I have 145,000 miles, although they failed probably around 125k. Is this normal? I will have to replace them to pass smog, however, is there something that caused them to fail? Would hate to spend the money only to have them fail again for my next smog in 2 years.

My truck is well-maintained as far as spark plugs, air filter and oil changed regularly. Have read a poorly running motor can ruin a cat.

Thanks!

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies

My truck is a 2005 King Cab Nismo with the 4.0L V6. I'm pretty sure it has 4 cats also...

Here's a question: All the catalytic converters sold outside of CA and NY are so cheap - if I installed a set of out of state cats (or high flow cats) wouldn't it get rid of my check engine light and pass smog? Last time I had it smogged, they just plugged it into a computer and didn't even start the engine...it would prob fail a visual inspection if they got under the truck.

1 - 3 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.