1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks It looks like Banks has what i need. I was going to the big 10 names and putting in my info and everything i was finding was for crew cab short bed or extended cab long bed. I know crew cab long bed isn't that popular so I am glad to see banks has cat back

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Gibson has a exhaust for the crew cab long bed. I have it on my truck.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have a 2013 cclb as well. I have the Gibson cat back. They make an aluminzed and a SS system. I got mine for less than $300 a year 1/2 ago. Just look around and find the best deal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Gibson has a exhaust for the crew cab long bed. I have it on my truck.
I have this one on my short bed crew cab too. The shop that did the install had to modify some things to shoehorn it in. (Gibson & JC Whitney had conflicting information on their websites when I purchased.)

·
Premium Member
7,379 Posts
Cat-back:

While I haven't personally researched costs locally, one can have a competent exhaust/muffler shop fab up whatever is needed. W/ room for error, a Mandrel bender is a somewhat 'rare' shop device. The one near-ish me will Mandrel-y bend/mod either 2.5" or 3" tubing/piping in either aluminized steel or stainless steel. This means there are no creases or convolutions w/in the piping for smoother flow...think trumpet or trombone or tuba, here.

I'd like to go cat-back to pre-tailpipe which will eliminate our uber-fancy pieced together pre-muffler configuration including our Y-pipe. (Seriously, go take a look under there if you haven't already...paying PARTICULAR attention to the driver's side bank to the Y-pipe.) Then, just need to select a 2-in/1-out muffler to ideally tailor the sound I'm after = quiet power, no drone, no rice. 'Some' rasp seems inherent w/ our 60 degree V6 VQ40s...which is then magnified w/ a 6-sp b/tw shifts. I'll live w/ this. -heh-
With all this being said, from the driver's seat...our stock system is not too bad sounding overall, imho.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tube_bending#Mandrel

·
Premium Member
7,379 Posts
Took mine to a local muffler shop, $250 for a custom setup, stainless tip, flowmaster muffler, took them about 90 minutes or less.
Cool price! Thought you had gone Magnaflow?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I actually like how the stocker has a decent growl to it::grin::

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
by chance do you have the part # I reached out to Gibson directly and they sent me this, "We have a exhaust for the 07-09 crew cab long bed 6.1’ part number 612218. Although we only have it listed for 07-09 it may fit other years. The only way we will guarantee fitment of the exhaust is to physically test fit it on the exact year, make, and model. That system was not a big mover for us which is why we only have verified fitment for those years. I would recommend calling a local dealership and checking to see if the exhaust for the 2012 frontier is the same as the 07-09 Nissan Frontier crew cab long bed. I’ve provided a link to the part number I was mentioning."

Gibson Performance Exhaust - Cat-Back Single Exhaust System, Stainless #612218

715 direct 608 online

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
That the one I have on my truck. Only 1 hanger was is the wrong place. Local shop welded a hanger on for 50 dollars.

·
Registered
809 Posts
That is the correct one. That's a hefty price tag though. Unless it's stainless.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Took mine to a local muffler shop, $250 for a custom setup, stainless tip, flowmaster muffler, took them about 90 minutes or less.
Cool price! Thought you had gone Magnaflow?
LOL, doh,I had to go and look at my receipt, it's a Magnaflow muffler, with custom piping, my crossover pipe is now behind the T-case instead of right at the trans.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like I'll be waiting a bit now. Some ******* side swiped me in parking lot and didn't stick around.

·
Premium Member
7,379 Posts
Looks like I'll be waiting a bit now. Some ******* side swiped me in parking lot and didn't stick around.
Sorry to hear this...really sux. May Karma catch up w/ this jerk.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts