Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am planning to install 78" Trail Gear sliders on my Frontier in two weeks. Problem is, I have to get the welding done that weekend and the arrival of my skid plates is unknown at this point. I do not want to weld the sliders where the tank skid attaches to the frame.

I need a measurement from the body-frame attachment (The one that is mid frame on a crew cab, just below where the two doors meet) to the front of the skid. I also need one from that body-frame attachment to back of the skid.

Apologies if this is super confusing.

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seriously? Not a single person can measure their installed skid plate?

·
Registered
352 Posts
i have trail gear 78" sliders on my cc frontier. they are rad. Welding them together took me some time but it was nice to be able to customize them and make them more of a step for my wife and dog. helps putting the little one in the back seat too. and boy are they burly! i have dropped onto them a few times and never budged. $350 investment total. well worth it!

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have trail gear 78" sliders on my cc frontier. they are rad. Welding them together took me some time but it was nice to be able to customize them and make them more of a step for my wife and dog. helps putting the little one in the back seat too. and boy are they burly! i have dropped onto them a few times and never budged. $350 investment total. well worth it!

Yeah, they'll be installed in a week or so. 260$ + a 6 pack of Corona (for the welding) is hard to beat. What lift/ tire combo do you have?

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Seriously? Not a single person can measure their installed skid plate?

I don't use sliders nor do I need them.This is just my observation.Seems to me,my "rock crawling" friends on this site use "Hefty","Shrockworks","White Knuckle" or custom built ones.
If you had sliders built by any of these manufacturers the respone would have been better.
Give it a little more time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't use sliders nor do I need them.This is just my observation.Seems to me,my "rock crawling" friends on this site use "Hefty","Shrockworks","White Knuckle" or custom built ones.

If you had sliders built by any of these manufacturers the respone would have been better.

Give it a little more time.

Yeah, I was just being impatient. I have a general idea of where they mount from looking at the pictures on Hefty's site. I've figured out a work around so I guess we can say "case closed"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts