Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an07 frontier crew cab 4x4 i hit a 45 mph sign and the post went under my truck ripped my shrockworks engine and trans skid completly off i was lookin at it and it also bent my housing for the carrier bearing i went to the dealer and they told me i have to buy the complete drive shaft for around a grand can i buy just the carrier bearing and housing also i was wondering if r trucks have a emergency brake pad my back brakes squeak like a mother and i just did pads and rotors any help would be great thanx:duh:

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Take it to a local driveline place and see what they have to say about it. Im sure you can get something worked out for a lot cheaper then the dealership.

As far as your rear brake goes, inside the rotor is a drum brake style set up that is used for the parking brake. Simply pop off the caliper and slide the rotor off to see. Just make sure you have the parking brake off or you wont be able to get the rotor off.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
sweet dude thanks for the help i greatly appreciate it well today i took it to a shop and they told me i had to order the driveshaft to replace the carrier bearing which i think is bull crap if nissan sells a carrier for a two wheel drive and not a four wheel drive also anyone who ever has this problem with a four wheel drive longbed good luck on finding someone who will give u a part number this is really turning into a hassle tomorrow im gonna get a second r third opinion

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ed moore drivelines in san bernardino only honest drive line company around the guy looked under my truck said how the helld u do that i told him i hit a sign he gets up walks to a shelf pulls out the horse shoe shaped carrier mount gives it to me for free tells me try this i thanked him on my way out he smiled and said heres ur sign an laughed at me and what do you know it fixed it other places where quoting me from 600 to a thousand bucks he gave me a simple part and it was fixed for free

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
r.i.p 45 mph sign:eek:ops1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts