Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 frontier se 4.0 rwd
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing a photo on Google I decided to pull the trigger on something on rock auto. For about $120 you can get this light bracket and then extra $34ish you get the gutterless brackets which is required for our trucks. Cutting the bar is required to fit it on the truck. And drilling into the truck is also required to mount it. But the end result is fairly nice little baja style. The lights im running for now are some cheap lights from harbor freight

·
Registered
967 Posts
Looks good! Do you have a lot of glare with the lights mounted above the cab? We used to wrap hoods flat black to minimize glare.

Looks like the part numbers are:
CARR 210501 - Black
CARR 210504 - Titanium Silver

And the gutterless brackets are:
CARR 220061 - Black
CARR 220062 - Stainless Steel

·
Registered
266 Posts
I’ve been looking for something like that for my Jeep. I like the old school look and am not a fan of the LED light bars. Those look really good. I’ll have to look on there myself.

·
Registered
2006 frontier se 4.0 rwd
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve been looking for something like that for my Jeep. I like the old school look and am not a fan of the LED light bars. Those look really good. I’ll have to look on there myself.
The bar is basically universal so if u buy it you just have to measure it to match your jeep, I had to cut about 3 inches off each side to make it fit

·
Registered
2006 frontier se 4.0 rwd
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good! Do you have a lot of glare with the lights mounted above the cab? We used to wrap hoods flat black to minimize glare.

Looks like the part numbers are:
CARR 210501 - Black
CARR 210504 - Titanium Silver

And the gutterless brackets are:
CARR 220061 - Black
CARR 220062 - Stainless Steel
I got both of them in black, and the hood glare isn't terrible but the black wrap idea ill have to look into

·
Registered
967 Posts
A lot of companies offer round LED lights. Best of both worlds IMO. Old school look but with the low amp draw, brightness, and beam pattern of LEDs.

I got both of them in black, and the hood glare isn't terrible but the black wrap idea ill have to look into
Yeah we really only used over-the-cab light racks on race trucks that didn't have windshields. Other than that, we ran bumper-mounted light racks. Four KC Daylighters on the bumper was more than enough light for moonless desert nights or crawling through the woods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts