Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys have any of you got any recommendations on a cargo net? I'm looking for something that can fill a duel role. Keeping stuff in when needed and being used essentially as a hammock. I thought it might be nice to have something I can lounge on while on my breaks at work.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I thought it might be nice to hang out outside instead of being cooped up in the building all day long. I'm thinking that would be a bit more comfortable than just laying in the bed.

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
^ What Joe said about the Gladiator cargo nets. You can get a 6'x8' one for $150, a little pricey but it definitely could hold a person and I think they'd be fairly comfy with the fine mesh netting. I've had one over my bed for about a year and it's still in great shape, I love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ What Joe said about the Gladiator cargo nets. You can get a 6'x8' one for $150, a little pricey but it definitely could hold a person and I think they'd be fairly comfy with the fine mesh netting. I've had one over my bed for about a year and it's still in great shape, I love it.

Nice! Yeah they do look like they'd stand up to being used as a hammock for sure. I could even go for the larger one and double it up to be safe. What's the slack like on yours? It won't work if it reaches the bottom of the bed.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
What's the slack like on yours? It won't work if it reaches the bottom of the bed.
Very little slack, it doesn't really stretch at all. If you could find a way to tightly secure it over your bed to something that would support your weight (I don't know if the utilitrack would or not) there's no way it would dip down very far.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very little slack, it doesn't really stretch at all. If you could find a way to tightly secure it over your bed to something that would support your weight (I don't know if the utilitrack would or not) there's no way it would dip down very far.

Nice. That's good to know. Thanks man.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here's my solution:

I pulled it tight.

And as you can see it still stretches quite a bit.

Technically off the ground, but my a$$ was scraping on the grass beneath me.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought about doing an actual hammock too but I need something that can stay on the truck and doesn't require tying off to another anchor point. The idea is for breaks at work so I won't have a lot of time for set up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts