Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Frontier 2017 Crew Cab SV 4x4

Whenever a door is opened, the cargo light comes on. The cargo light switch turns it on when wanted.

I think there should be an option to divorce it from coming on with any door opening.

Am I wrong? No such command ?

Also I noticed -- kept a door open while testing and programming the radio controls. Eventually the map lights timed out and went off, but the cargo light stayed on.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I took the bulbs out, never needed a cargo light in my life, only helps bad guys wanting to jump you. I agree if Nissan wants it as a Gov Safety measure mandate it should have a owner control option. I don't like any lights auto on when I get to truck at night, in my yute I was evil and now am paying for it by knowing how BG's think, lol.

·
Registered
262 Posts
My 1979 F-350 had a switch just over the driver left shoulder similar to the three way switch on our current overhead lights. That said, I installed a three way switch in place of the dash switch that now works just like our overhead interior lamps. (ON when the doors open, OFF , ON)

·
Re-Moderator
13,510 Posts
Last edited by JeniorNV; Today at 08:08 AM. Reason: Bickering

Got it... My bad...

Yes, I did a bunch of clean up in the thread just before your last post.

When people search for this topic in the future, the last thing they need is to filter through a bunch of the clutter that the back-and-forth exchange was creating.

Thanks for understanding.

My two cents is that not everyone is forum-savvy, but we can still help them...either by respectfully showing them how to use the search function (which frankly sucks at times...the Google one is much better) or by simply providing the information that we have.

Happy Monday, guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts