Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked through the manual and cab controls and cannot find any way to change the way the cargo/bed light works when the vehicle is not running. Is there a way to manually turn it on and off?

Also, when backing up at night, it seems as if there is very little light visible from the taillights. I often feel as if I cannot see where I'm going. It's possible this is my own vision issue, but I'm also wondering if this is common with pick-up trucks or if anyone else has noticed.

Are there mods to add internal switch to the cargo light or to brighten the taillights? The idea of a rear facing light bar came to mind.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You don't have a "cargo Lamp" switch to the right of your mirror switches? Maybe consider an upgrade to LED reverse lights such as V-leds. I'm very happy with mine. Both the reverse and cargo lamps are size 921. You will need a 8MM deep socket to get at the cargo lamps.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
The cargo light one does kinda sucks but I think it is that way for a purpose. You can't believe the number of people that turn it on and forget to turn it off and drive with it on at night.

Now for the reverse lights, you may be able to upgrade the bulbs but that is marginal at best. You may want to do the steve47 mod and install a pair of reverse lights into the bumper right next to the license plate. Then wire them with some relays and a switch so that you can control them to be on all the time, off all the time and then lastly only when in reverse. This will greatly increase your lighting to a level that you should be amazed with. This is on my list of mods to do still, along with the extra lights behind the front grill (lanceslide style).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts