Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
thats a nice offer! i was wanting one for my just purchased 2011 SV from CarMax, they offered none but the e-mail i got from carfax showed its purchase date + place massachusetts, lots of salty corrosion underneath, but no owner, just inspection dates + one dealer visit NO details!!! i would like to contact the owner to see if he did any of the fluid changes during ownership, only 28,xxx miles but about 7 years. do carfax's generally have this info or must the owner or servicing place put it in.

·
Registered
2016 Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab
1,100 Posts
thats a nice offer! i was wanting one for my just purchased 2011 SV from CarMax, they offered none but the e-mail i got from carfax showed its purchase date + place massachusetts, lots of salty corrosion underneath, but no owner, just inspection dates + one dealer visit NO details!!! i would like to contact the owner to see if he did any of the fluid changes during ownership, only 28,xxx miles but about 7 years. do carfax's generally have this info or must the owner or servicing place put it in.
from what i've seen, a carfax will only show when a servicing place submits info, and not all of them do, like a lot of the small private shops don't but any dealership or national chain (like jiffy lube) will

·
Registered
333 Posts
thank you for the prompt reply. when i bought my 2001 TT a few years ago everything was listed, but dealer serviced regularly. i suspect CarMax offered no carfax because it came from salty massachusetts + if i had looked under it in the very cold parking lot i may have declined purchase, that + the OVERPRICE i would not recommend them. i like the truck very much + it was a needed now replacement for my total loss colorado!!

·
Super Moderator
11,736 Posts
That’s a very nice offer. Not all insurance companies report to them either, I input a couple of vins of cars I had, crashed and insurance paid to repair but they still came up clean.

Clint

1 - 6 of 6 Posts