Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Has anyone used an automatic drive through carwash on a frequent basis over the long term?
I have. As I mentioned, it's the only way my Frontier gets washed.

Anyone have any issues with paint problems due to these car washes?
Also as I mentioned, you're going to get some minor scratches and swirls. But as far as things like paint peeling off, no problems to report. I have heard of the brushes getting snagged on things like roof racks and rear windshield wipers. When I had a hatchback, I would tape the rear wiper down before heading in.

Im sick to death of hand washing and want my "couple of saturday mornings a month" back.
One of my requirements when I was looking for a newer truck was that it had to be machine-washable. My F-250 was too tall to fit through a car wash tunnel, and I had a lot of equipment mounted that could get snagged by the brushes. It's also why I like being a "slick top" and don't have ditch lights or roof lights on the Frontier.

·
Premium Member
8,356 Posts
Has anyone used an automatic drive through carwash on a frequent basis over the long term? We have one here called zips and it seems to do a good job. I was talking to a buddy with a 2007 Tahoe that still looks BRAND NEW and he uses it a couple times a month for the last 10 years. Never hand washed his auto one time he says. Anyone have any issues with paint problems due to these car washes? Frankly, Im sick to death of hand washing and want my "couple of saturday mornings a month" back. I just don't think it makes a difference on factory Honda paint job.
I normally hand wash when I have time (the process always takes longer because it's a truck) but sometimes it's not necessary. It's not a show truck, my truck is a daily driver and things will eventually get dirty. If all the truck needs is a quick "de-dusting" and there's no heavy caked-on dirt or mud, I just go to the automatic car wash. I only go to the touchless type (I will never take any vehicle to a brush/microfiber type!), then I take a short drive home and I take care of the finishing touches with the quick detailer/glass cleaner/trim protectant. Normal hand wash takes me an hour or so, but the auto wash/quick detail method cuts that down to about 20 minutes tops.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know this is a revived thread, but I gotta comment. I'm old. I bought/built 4 houses that I lived in, not rentals, for less than I paid for my Frontier. My vehicles are my hobby, and being retired, I have all the time in the world to maintain them. If I have to go somewhere and park with other cars, my ride WILL be the cleanest. It's become kinda a standing joke with my buddies. However, when they come over to my house, to drink my beer, and get their car cleaned......well sometimes they bring the beer, they leave smiling! Not braggin'......I'm good at this stuff............the Mailman

21 - 25 of 25 Posts