Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started helping my sister look for a new car yesterday. She doesn't really know what she wants yet so I told her we would start off with trucks and suv's. I already know she loves my truck since I let her borrow it from time to time. *Start dealership rant* We started at the Toyota dealership since it was closest to our house and I wanted her to try some different vehicles. She wanted to drive the Tacoma and FJ Cruiser. So we find a salesman, he takes us over to a Tacoma and gives the biggest "toyota is the the best* BS speech I've ever heard. After she drives the Tacoma she tells me it drives like a car, she feels disconnected and the interior and look of the truck makes her feel like a 40 year old pedophile... I LOL'ed because this is coming from a non-biased 17 year old girl. The salesman spits some more crap out of his mouth and then tells us that they don't have any FJ's in stock. So we leave and head to Nissan. I take her immediately over to the Xterra's and she sees a silver SE 4x4 and is immediately like "OMG that is so sexy". A Nissan salesman comes up to us about 5 minutes later with keys in hand and asks her if she wants to test drive it. The salesman is really cool, just talks to us like a normal person. We stop at the gas station so the salesman can put gas in it and he offers to buy us refreshments on Nissan! How cool! After the test drive she is absolutely loving the Xterra and pretty much wants to buy it right there, but I tell her to be patient. We leave Nissan and go to another Toyota dealership that has an FJ (she never got to drive one). We get to the second Yota dealership and NOBODY helps us. We have to ask the front desk lady for a salesman. A salesman then comes out (total *******) and we test drive the FJ. After she drives it she tells me she feels caged in and the all the plastic in the FJ makes her want to vomit... I LOL'ed again because I felt the same way. Also the salesman didn't even act like he wanted to sell us a car. So we leave to go home and she tells me that she absolutely hates Toyota and would never even think about buying one again:laugh: *end dealership rant* After some long discussions last night my sis said that she loves the Xterra but wants something more fuel efficient. So this week we are going to test drive a Nissan Cube, Honda Insight and probably a VW Jetta SportWagen. I'll keep this thread updated on what she decides on.

Anyway I'm not saying I hate Toyota but all of my experiences with Toyota have been terrible, even back before I got my second NISMO and ran numbers on a Tacoma. I've always been treated wonderfully at Nissan and love the company for that. Thanks for listening!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Honda Pilot? I think the 2010 model has some nice power, 4wd and is still 18 - 23 mpg..

Is she opposed to buying used? Suby wagon could be a good middle ground car. Clearance for trips in the snow or dirt and still comfortable for daily..

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just went through all this with my wife... She absolutely did not want a car so we looked at a Pilot, Xterra, Pathfinder, highlander, Acadia, and Finally out of spite she drove a Subaru Outback.

She decided she wanted the outback because of the mileage and it was less expensive new than any of the other vehicles used. Up here we have snow to deal with, Looks like you are in TX so I don't know if all wheel drive makes a difference to your sister or not...

·
Registered
923 Posts
subaru imprezra STI she will love it but gotta learn the 6 speed manual

·
Registered
923 Posts
do you know how much fun she could have with that car? and the fact that shes 17 the guys will be ALL over her at school senior yr pulling up in a STI oh yeah thats the life almost as nice as our trucks

·
Registered
923 Posts
no im 17 myself and id be all over any girl that drives that

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
plus she is 17. i wouldnt want my 17 yr old sis in control of that much power

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
What, you didn't like how the FJ's sound like they are riding on mud terrain tires? I love the drone!!! Yeah, I'd also be all over a girl with a x at my school

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I'm for AWD Subaru too. Outback, WRX, or Legacy. STI might be a little too much for her.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The Toyota mentality is total arrogance. You have the privilege to buy their cars. They do have good quality but the attitude sux. Honda is the same way. They need to pay attention to companies like Nissan and believe it or not KIA. They are scrapping to gain market share and it shows in the fit and finish. You should have her look at the Kia Soul while she is looking. I almost bought one as a second car to save on gas over my truck. My wife gave me the green light for a motorcycle, so I jumped on it.
FYI IF SHE IS PLANNING ON KEEPING THE CAR for a while, stay away from VW They tend to have electrical problems. ( I haven't seen too many with over 150k on them)

·
Registered
302 Posts
My little sister 18 now.. drives a 5 speed Subaru Forster XT... with some mods done (VF34, Turboback, injectors, lowered, rims, black fmic around 390hp)... All the Honda guys at her school bash because its a wagon untill they line up... It has power.. but she learned to drive on my brothers old 2002 WRX (400+hp)... he nows owns a 06 STI with close to 500+hp. and my supercharged Mustang GT. Plus she doesnt act her age at all. She drives better then me.. lol... She's been to track days with that car along with AutoX days. Its all about how they act.

But go for the X... ive always wanted an xterra but settled for the fronty.

Thats her little honda eater.

·
Registered
923 Posts
What, you didn't like how the FJ's sound like they are riding on mud terrain tires? I love the drone!!! Yeah, I'd also be all over a girl with a x at my school
as would i (well it depends on the girl lol) at my school girls pull up in BMWs and Mercedes the subi or X are 10x better

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
my unkle has a honda element, and its actually has some cool features. not my thing, but we went on a road trip and it was comfortable and has some cool features.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I see this isnt something she seems to like, but we bought a 09 Sentra last week and i love driving it...but i love my truck more! The CVT is really cool to drive and its been getting 30 mpg all around use. I ran the tank all the way down and filled it up, and even the trip odo said it avg. 30.8 mpg. Feels good cruising on the hwy 75-90+mph. And you cant beat the 2k rebate!

Wish they had a Titan on the lot, i might have drove away with 2 new vehicles. I want to take a dump on the hood of the cube..it is one fugly
mini van!!!!

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
I see this isnt something she seems to like, but we bought a 09 Sentra last week and i love driving it...but i love my truck more! The CVT is really cool to drive and its been getting 30 mpg all around use. I ran the tank all the way down and filled it up, and even the trip odo said it avg. 30.8 mpg. Feels good cruising on the hwy 75-90+mph. And you cant beat the 2k rebate!

Wish they had a Titan on the lot, i might have drove away with 2 new vehicles. I want to take a dump on the hood of the cube..it is one fugly
mini van!!!!
our sentra is only averaging around 25 mpg, not happy at all considering my mom only got it for its gas milage. its a nice little car all and all though! but yeah i'd have her get the X. its an suv so its safer thena car and has plenty of passing power for the highway.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts