Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please someone im in middle of install titan swap and i cant take off the old brake lines

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
please someone im in middle of install titan swap and i cant take off the old brake lines
thanks for sharing? idk what your wanting here?

·
Registered
602 Posts
situation, pictures, explain whats going on when you try to take them off
and somebody maybe able to help you
(don't ask me but if you give more info u may be able to get some help)

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
PB blast it and get use some muscle? Just go crazy on it. You do have new ext brakes, right?

·
Registered
377 Posts
If you mean to say that you can't loosen the nuts using a normal wrench, you might want to try (what I think is called) a flare nut wrench. It's kind of like a box end wrench with one side cut out so you can slip it over the brake line then onto the nut. It grabs a lot better than an open end wrench. hope that helps.

·
Registered
572 Posts
If you mean to say that you can't loosen the nuts using a normal wrench, you might want to try (what I think is called) a flare nut wrench. It's kind of like a box end wrench with one side cut out so you can slip it over the brake line then onto the nut. It grabs a lot better than an open end wrench. hope that helps.
this is what i used just go checkers

·
Registered
113 Posts
this is what i used just go checkers
haha weekend warrior tools, but yes that is the wrench you will need either a 12mm, 13mm or 14mm i cant remember exactly which one but i am pretty sure it is one of those.

i got my flare nut wrench set from Snap-On they are b!tchen but the set of 6 wrenches cost me somethin like $250

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
definitely make sure you use flared wrenches on the brake lines

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
As do I, about 95% of my tools are Snap-On
Im slightly jealous:) I guess when I come up to school up there in vallejo I'll have to come borrow some of your tools and then we can wheel some. Ya yay

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Im down. To bad you werent able to have it up here for your first year.
seriously dude. im still trying to find an angle out on that.

·
Registered
572 Posts
so what the news did you end up getting it off?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya sorry i havent been on ever since the install. will get pics of the swap tomorow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts