Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2009 Frontier and want to get some all weather mats. I like the WeatherTechs just can't decide on the mats vs liners. The liners seem like overkill, I'm thinking the mats would look better (plus they are cheaper). I live in the south so snow isn't an issue. I do a lot of fishing and camping, and have kids so my main concerns are water, dirt, and mud.

Can anyone help me decide? Do the mats look better?

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
i have the $8 mats from walmart and love them. this is the 2nd truck i have bought them for and as long as they keep making them, i will keep using them. hard to beat $16 for good deep mats.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm in the same boat and want to replace my PRO-4X stock matts with some before winter.

My tundra had the rubber ones with the deep grooves. I emptied the sand out of them once a month in the winter and they were easy to kick the ice out of the day after snowmobiling. I pulled them out before I sold the truck and the factory floor matts looked great (after 159k miles), gave the rubber matts to a family member for their tundra.

So, that is what I would recommend. I'm not sure the name brand ones are any better than the Wal Mart ones for that style matt. I just saw some Michellin ones at walmart for much cheaper and they looked great to me.

The Weathertech liners might be nice if you get a lot of snow and water in the cab or you walk in with muddy boots every day.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the weather techs for my nismo and love them. I'm in the middle of the lake effect snow belt and get a lot snow and I've never had good luck with the cheap mats in my jeep. Went camping about 2 days after I got the mats and my buddy was in the cab looking for something and managed to spill a full beer in the back and not a drop got on the carpet. When I take the mats out once in a while to hose em down the carpet still looks brand new underneath.
The only thing is if you get the mat for the rear it's a pain to get the storage bin latched back down, I had to get my brother to stand inside it to get the pins to engage, but I wouldn't let that stop you from buying these. Snow, mud, water, beer...doesn't matter. I highly recommend the weather techs.

If you'd like I can post some pics up later.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
I've got the Weathertech liners, I think they are worth every penny.
Plus I do the three pedal dance (drive manual) and mats always would scrunch up on me.
Not with these liners.
Also they protect your carpet up the sides which is the biggest advantage over regular mats.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
Hit the link in my sig: ToddG's upgrades/mods (with pics!).
First two pics you can kinda see them, best I got right now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ToddG (or anyone else) do you have the WeatherTech liners for the CC 2nd row? How do those fit are you happy with them?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have 09 cc with weather tech liners and they are very good. This is my first set of weather tech liners and I am pleased with them so far. I have had 4 sets of Husky Liners before but they were not readily available when I got my Fronty so i went with weather tech.

Either Liner is great because you take them out dump them off . They protect your carpet against almost anything.

If you look at my gallery, I have beige interior but I installed black liners because of to much beige already in the truck.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
ToddG (or anyone else) do you have the WeatherTech liners for the CC 2nd row? How do those fit are you happy with them?
The back are the regular Weathertech mats.
Weathertech did not have liners for the rear when I purchased my set.

The Weathertech mats are awesome too, that's what we rock in the SE-R.

Believe it or not you can get some pretty damn good mats from Wally world or any auto parts store, they just won't really compare to liners in my opinion.

Never had the Husky liners but if they are anything like the Weathertechs, making a sort of tray in the foot-well, then they'd probably make me just as happy as the Weathertechs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had weathertech liners for my '06 civic si and they were awesome. I live in IL and do a lot of outdoor activities and the kept the carpet spotless. But the price is always a killer with those...

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
I've got the Weathertech liners, I think they are worth every penny.
Plus I do the three pedal dance (drive manual) and mats always would scrunch up on me.
Not with these liners.
Also they protect your carpet up the sides which is the biggest advantage over regular mats.
the mats i have wont shift under your feet. these things are huge and heavy.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have the Weathertechs in my 08 Fronty and the wife's 07 Xterra and love them. My carpets would have a lot of mud if it weren't for these things. I know they are pricey, but if you have the cash, they are worth it. When I traded in my GMC Canyon for the Fronty, I actually sold the Weathertechs from it for $75 on another forum... so I got most of my money back despite 4 years of wear. Anyway, here are the pics...

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I have the Weathertech liners too. I got them from Cabelas and think they're the best I've ever had.

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
WeatherTech Liners! No question! They didn't have liners for the rear when I originally bought mine, but now they do, so I replaced the all weathers in the rear.

WeatherTech all weather

WeatherTech liners (way better coverage)

I have Huskys in everything else, my Jeep, wife's former Pathfinder, dad's GMC, and both previous Xterras.
These are the Huskys in the Pathfinder. The Husky Liners are not as nice looking as the WeatherTechs, but do contain spills in the front as opposed the letting liquids run under the door like the WeatherTechs will.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I had the weather tech mat's in my Chevy Blazer...worth every penny. Kept everything nice and clean, easy to wash too. I'm buying them for my new truck come start of the winter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts