Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale: a new Canoe Motor Mount that allows you to attach an electric trolling motor or a small gas engine (approx. 1/2hp and up) to the back of your canoe. It has a universal design and can be used on many different brands of canoes. I own one personally, and it has lasted me for over 8 years so far. This mount is constructed of wood that has been covered with 3 coats of Cabot Polyurethane/Varnish for many years of use. The dimensions of the top brace are as follows: 24" long, 1-3/8" thick, and 2-3/8" wide. The bottom brace is: 16" long, 1-3/8" thick, and 2-3/8" wide. The motor mounting brace is 5-7/8" tall, 5-1/2" wide, and 3/4" thick and is secured to the top mount with 2 carriage bolts that are attached by hidden Nylock nuts on the other side. The mount is adjustable to adapt to the different thicknesses of the gunwales (or top edge of the sides) of different canoes. The top brace mounts above the lip of the gunwale and the bottom brace mounts below the lip. They are secured tightly and easily by 2 wing nuts attached to the through bolts which hold the mount together. $35.00 Shipped

Attachments

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt:)

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nice setup fronty...think i might steal your patent though

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You can send payment to [email protected] for paypal, or you can send a check to me. PM me and I'll give you my address etc.

Nice setup fronty...think i might steal your patent though
You can thank LLBean for the design, LOL but theirs is 80 bucks.

BTW, I have 3 more of these.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks! I'll let you know what I decide to do. I had a canoe picked out, but in trying to decide, it sold. So now not sure if the style of canoe I end up with will work with this mount. But here's a free bump for ya! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts