Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Canoe Motor Mount F/S

8K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  NCFronty 
#1 ·
I'm selling a new Canoe Motor Mount that allows you to attach an electric trolling motor or a small gas engine (approx 1/2hp and up) to the back of your canoe. It has a universal design and can be used on many different brands of canoes. I own one personally, and it has lasted me for over 8 years so far. This mount is constructed of wood that has been covered with 3 coats of Cabot Polyurethane/Varnish for many years of use. The dimensions of the top brace are as follows: 24" long, 1-3/8" thick, and 2-3/8" wide. The bottom brace is: 16" long, 1-3/8" thick, and 2-3/8" wide. The motor mounting brace is 5-7/8" tall, 5-1/2" wide, and 3/4" thick and is secured to the top mount with 2 carriage bolts that are attached by hidden nuts on the other side. The mount is adjustable to adapt to the different thicknesses of the gunwales (or top edge of the sides) of different canoes. The top brace mounts above the lip of the gunwale and the bottom brace mounts below the lip. They are secured tightly and easily by 2 wing nuts attached to the through bolts which hold the mount together. Asking 45.00 shipped.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
So if I understand correctly, you place behind the rear seat and push back till snug, the tighten the wingnuts. It then forms a "compression" fitting on the gunwale lips of the canoe.

are the edges of the 2x4 where it meets the canoe chamfered or beveled at all? Does only a portion of the 2x4 get bite on the gunwale, or is all the edge that is touching the side of the canoe wall flush against it?

(does that make sense what I am saying?)

BTW, where are you in western nc? My wife's family is in Hendersonville.

#3 ·
to bad i got a skanoe i dont need it.
but a great idea never thought of that good luck selling

#4 · (Edited)
The edge of the bottom brace is contoured to meet the wall of the canoe (chamfered, beveled but may not be exact for every canoe, it was based off the canoe I own), and the combination of the 2 braces does compress to grip the gunwales. I do have either right handed, or left handed. I like left handed because it leaves my right hand free to hold my fishing pole.

(I'm in Asheville, NC)

Attachments

#5 ·
Obo:)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.