·
Registered
1,218 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jerry

I have looked through the offerings on tirerack and discount tires. I want to avoid having to trim the plastic and couldn't find anything close to the stock offset (according to manual the se crew came with on a 7x16 +40mm)

The wheel pictured in the link has a +20mm offset which I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) should allow 265/70r16 to clear the plastic. Note the truck is not lifted.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've got 265/65/17 Falken Rocky Mountains, on 17x8 rims, with no rubbing and no modifications at all.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Interesting, happen to know what your offset is?
It's a really crappy day here, so I don't feel like taking the wheel off to get you an accurate number today. I did a measurement (as best I could with the wheel still on the truck and it looks like 4" front and back, so 0 offset. I do know that the stock Desert Runner six spoke has 5 1/2 inches of backspace on that 7" rim. Now full discloser here, I don't drive my truck hard when I do 4 wheel, tend to crawl unless I can't, but have never had an issue with rubbing and its all stock suspension. I'll try and confirm the number if the weather gets better tomorrow. Good Luck.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Heres how the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, they look good . That makes me pretty confident the ones in the link will work just fine... I pulled the trigger on em this morning. I'll post a picture when they get mounted!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Good on you!, Now I don't have to pull the wheel measure, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts