Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know the one breather hose that goes from the driver side valve cover over to the intake tube. I dont see what harm would come of it to remove it and put one of those small breather filter on the valve cover like they had on older cars. Any thoughts? I would think this would also help in keeping the throttle body clean as there would be no oil coming into the intake path then.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Put in a catch can. This is one on a titan, only difference is titan's have 2 ventilation hoses, so they tee it before it runs to the can.

So you pipe it like this: crankcase > can > intake. And it will filter all that junk that used to go into your intake while still having crankcase ventilation.

I've got an IMS with paper gasket and the last time I took it off it was collecting oil. I may put a can in there some day.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I've been running a tiny K&N on the VC. and vacuum capped the CAI. side for >10Kmi. no issues.. even went to the dealer that way.

Will not pass visual for emissions tho'.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
The filter works but will get clogged with oil quickly (within 15k probably). The catch can is the only real solution.

There is a sponsor on CT that goes by the name of RelentnessNismo and they have produced a catch can that works great. Its a little pricy but well worth the cost.

Side Note: If your valve cover filter gets clogged, pressure will build and will cause oil to be forced past your piston rings and burned up. As you have guessed, this is not a good situation to be in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts