Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
8,734 Posts
Curious: is this something useful for changing lanes? Otherwise, I'm not sure what you're referring to.

· Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
1,437 Posts
Both of mine do it, but it’s a thoroughly useless feature. I don’t make lane changes in three blinks, so I much prefer to just use the blinkers appropriately.

· Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
717 Posts
Curious: is this something useful for changing lanes? Otherwise, I'm not sure what you're referring to.
If you barely move the stem, the turn signal will blink 3 times & then shut off. If you pull the stem all the way, it'll act like a regular turn signal and continue to blink until you pull it back.

· Registered
2015 Xterra Pro4X
906 Posts
There was a post several years ago about adding momentary signals to either a Frontier or Xterra, I can't remember which, but I do remember seeing this thread within my early years of being on this forum. I'm working on trying to find it now.

Reactions: Gdubz

· Registered
9 Posts
There was a post several years ago about adding momentary signals to either a Frontier or Xterra, I can't remember which, but I do remember seeing this thread within my early years of being on this forum. I'm working on trying to find it now.
I would be curious to see this post. I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything for momentary turn signals.

· Registered
2015 Xterra Pro4X
906 Posts
I would be curious to see this post. I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything for momentary turn signals.
Yeah, I searched under pretty all terms, momentary, three-touch, comfort, and couldn't find anything. Apparently, my Google skills have gone downhill.

Reactions: Gdubz

· Registered
976 Posts
3 blinkerfeature:
I-only-want-to-give-you-1.5-seconds-to-catch-my-alert-even-if-you-may-be-checking-your-surroundings-not-looking-at-my-vehicle-in-another-direction-or-traffic-sign

I agree...it's not a safety first feature

p.s. in hindsight., that was a bit presumptuous on my part. It does not mean that the user would necessarily be using it when driving in congestion. It can be useful to meet the legal requirement when in sparse traffic. So, judicious and appropriate use is key.

Both of mine do it, but it’s a thoroughly useless feature. I don’t make lane changes in three blinks, so I much prefer to just use the blinkers appropriately.

· Registered
2022 Frontier SV 4X4
635 Posts
I really was excited to have this feature on my '22, and found it so useless I have disabled it. As mentioned earlier, 3 blinks in traffic really isn't a whole heck of a lot. If it could be adjusted to 5 or 7, I'd definitely use it. 3 just wasn't enough for me.

· Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
16,091 Posts
I really was excited to have this feature on my '22, and found it so useless I have disabled it. As mentioned earlier, 3 blinks in traffic really isn't a whole heck of a lot. If it could be adjusted to 5 or 7, I'd definitely use it. 3 just wasn't enough for me.
I agree. I adjusted my VW to be 5 flashes and I think it's the right timing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts