Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At some point I want to upgrade my suspension and I dont really know if I want to run coilovers due to cost and complexity (do not need anything that fancy...) Plus I have read that quiet a few adj coilover owners have experienced noises and clanks with there setups.

I would like to go a little higher in the front and change out the rear block to a 2" AAL and have minimal rake. I am leaning towards the OME struts/springs but they only lift it around 1.5" - 2"s. Would I be able to take my spacers into a machine shop and have them cut in half and use them to bring the front end up some? Sort of like "trim packer" OME actually makes one with there Tacoma kit.

The other option that I have mentioned before was running the adj Bilsteins set at 1" with the OME coils.

My overall goal is to have 2.5" - 3"s of lift.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
im pretty sure greg from prg can make you any size spacer you need just give him a call

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
OP, ya kinda lost me somewhere, 3" spacers is way max. for you 4x guys. and the shortest you can go is 1.5" due to the height of the studs on top.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1.5"? Damn. There has to be a ~ 1" spacer out there. Trim packers are usually thin enough that you can just use the original existing studs on the top spring retainer.

Look at the Revtek kit, they have a 2 spacer system. 1 goes on top of the spring and the other on top of the strut assembly. I want something similar to what goes on top of the strut assembly

Check out the little ring. http://www.revtek.com/nissansusp.asp

I am sure Greg could fashion something similar if necessary.

·
Registered
822 Posts
At some point I want to upgrade my suspension and I dont really know if I want to run coilovers due to cost and complexity (do not need anything that fancy...) Plus I have read that quiet a few adj coilover owners have experienced noises and clanks with there setups.

I would like to go a little higher in the front and change out the rear block to a 2" AAL and have minimal rake. I am leaning towards the OME struts/springs but they only lift it around 1.5" - 2"s. Would I be able to take my spacers into a machine shop and have them cut in half and use them to bring the front end up some? Sort of like "trim packer" OME actually makes one with there Tacoma kit.

The other option that I have mentioned before was running the adj Bilsteins set at 1" with the OME coils.

My overall goal is to have 2.5" - 3"s of lift.
Yes, it has been done. The member has since sold his truck so I doubt you could get the specifics.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it has been done. The member has since sold his truck so I doubt you could get the specifics.
Which one? The OME kit with a trim packer or adj Billy's and OME spring?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Neither, I thought the topic was "Can spacers be cut?"
Yea it was. I guess I threw too many questions out in one thread. Sorry I get a little excited sometimes :comphead:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts